CD Audio Connector on AIW 9000

Old January 19th 04, 05:13 PM
Jack

Default CD Audio Connector on AIW 9000

I would like to use the on-card CD Audio Connector on the AIW 9000 to
connect to my sound card internally within my PC case. The connector on the
ATI board does not accomodate the standard 4-pin connector used by CD-drives
and sound cards. I can either attempt to find individual lead sleeves and
connect each wire individually or I need to find the type of 4-pin connector
that the ATI card can use. Has anyone used the internal CD Audio Connector
on the AIW, and if so how did you connect the 4-pins?

Thanks,
-Jack

Old January 19th 04, 06:03 PM
Tom Lake

"Jack" wrote in message
I would like to use the on-card CD Audio Connector on the AIW 9000 to
connect to my sound card internally within my PC case. The connector on

the
ATI board does not accomodate the standard 4-pin connector used by

CD-drives
and sound cards. I can either attempt to find individual lead sleeves and
connect each wire individually or I need to find the type of 4-pin

connector
that the ATI card can use. Has anyone used the internal CD Audio Connector
on the AIW, and if so how did you connect the 4-pins?

I use a universal connector cable from Office Max (about $11.00 USD). One
end has the normal CD-type connector and the other end has four different
connectors to match just about anything out there. It's nice to have my
sound card's external line-in jack free for other uses.

Tom Lake

--
Capaci Occasio

Old January 20th 04, 01:43 PM
Jack

Tom:

Thanks for the info. I too want to have the external line-in jack free for
other uses. I have to scramble the 4-pin connections anyway because the ATI
card has a different pin-out than the standard CD has, so using 4 individual
pin connectors seems to be the way to go.

-Jack