I scanned my RAM - can anyone please help identify (nice images)

Old September 30th 04, 09:24 PM
dave

Default I scanned my RAM - can anyone please help identify (nice images)

hoping I have at least ONE stick of PC133@256mb here, in this "mystery
group" of six sticks RAM. but not at all sure it's even PC ram, anyway,
or if it's pc100, pc133, how many mb's each, or what???

would some kind soul please take a look at this tiny (yet well
illustrated) site to see if I have the stick I need?

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/ram_identification/

ps-goggle searches were no help - genuinely useful specifics re ram
identification seem impossible to find...

thanks much :-)
Old September 30th 04, 10:33 PM
David Besack

dave wrote:
hoping I have at least ONE stick of PC133@256mb here, in this "mystery
group" of six sticks RAM. but not at all sure it's even PC ram, anyway,
or if it's pc100, pc133, how many mb's each, or what???

would some kind soul please take a look at this tiny (yet well
illustrated) site to see if I have the stick I need?

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/ram_identification/

ps-goggle searches were no help - genuinely useful specifics re ram
identification seem impossible to find...

thanks much :-)

It's all 168-pin RAM, either PC100 or PC133, and it looks like a mix
between 64 and 128 MB each.
Old September 30th 04, 11:08 PM
Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:24:02 -0400, dave
put finger to keyboard and composed:

hoping I have at least ONE stick of PC133@256mb here, in this "mystery
group" of six sticks RAM. but not at all sure it's even PC ram, anyway,
or if it's pc100, pc133, how many mb's each, or what???

would some kind soul please take a look at this tiny (yet well
illustrated) site to see if I have the stick I need?

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/ram_identification/

ps-goggle searches were no help - genuinely useful specifics re ram
identification seem impossible to find...

thanks much :-)

Hint: the "-10" suffix in the DRAM's part number indicates its speed.
That should tell you what you need to know.

Otherwise, here are various datasheets and other info:

Hyundai HY57V658020TC-10 and HY57V658020BTC-10S
http://www.jcss.ne.jp/~yoshiden/HY57V658020.pdf

Toshiba TC59S1608AFT-10
http://www.macserve.net/info/chipmun...or/Toshiba.htm

Samsung chip part number KM48S2020CT-G10
module part number KMM366S403CTL-G0

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semi...366S403CTL.htm

http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semi...366s403ctl.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Old October 1st 04, 08:02 AM
Franc Zabkar

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:33:14 -0400, David Besack

dave wrote:
hoping I have at least ONE stick of PC133@256mb here, in this "mystery
group" of six sticks RAM. but not at all sure it's even PC ram, anyway,
or if it's pc100, pc133, how many mb's each, or what???

would some kind soul please take a look at this tiny (yet well
illustrated) site to see if I have the stick I need?

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/ram_identification/

ps-goggle searches were no help - genuinely useful specifics re ram
identification seem impossible to find...

thanks much :-)

It's all 168-pin RAM, either PC100 or PC133, and it looks like a mix
between 64 and 128 MB each.

No, they're all PC-100. The top two Hyundai sticks are 64MB, and the
rest are 32MB.

- Franc Zabkar
Old October 1st 04, 08:05 PM
Franc Zabkar

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 17:02:29 +1000, Franc Zabkar

dave wrote:
hoping I have at least ONE stick of PC133@256mb here, in this "mystery
group" of six sticks RAM. but not at all sure it's even PC ram, anyway,
or if it's pc100, pc133, how many mb's each, or what???

would some kind soul please take a look at this tiny (yet well
illustrated) site to see if I have the stick I need?

http://members.cox.net/tool_box/ram_identification/

ps-goggle searches were no help - genuinely useful specifics re ram
identification seem impossible to find...

thanks much :-)

It's all 168-pin RAM, either PC100 or PC133, and it looks like a mix
between 64 and 128 MB each.

No, they're all PC-100.

I should probably have said that all modules are at best only PC100.
Faultless performance could only be guaranteed at PC66 specs.

- Franc Zabkar
Old October 1st 04, 09:13 PM
chrisv

Franc Zabkar wrote:

No, they're all PC-100.

I should probably have said that all modules are at best only PC100.
Faultless performance could only be guaranteed at PC66 specs.

I was going to say, you would not have found any -10 chips in my
PC100-systems... 8)