5.12's are out

Old December 8th 05, 09:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default 5.12's are out

and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

for XP -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

and for x64 -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=367

Old December 8th 05, 10:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

On Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:51:53 GMT, "Piers James"
wrote:

and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

for XP -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

and for x64 -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=367

Well it looks like its time to start looking at NVIDIA cards now ((
or no more driver updates

Old December 8th 05, 10:28 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:

and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

This sucks big time. I've just come back to ATi after a brief foray
with Nvidia.

At least, AIUI, CCC does not need to run all the time.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old December 9th 05, 12:35 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

wrote:

and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

for XP -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

and for x64 -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=367

Well it looks like its time to start looking at NVIDIA cards now ((
or no more driver updates

Yep, this wast he day i have feared for a while. Its simply amazing a
company can be this stupid ?

Check eBay for latest batch of second hand ati cards. See you in
alt.comp.peripts.videocards.nvidia

Old December 9th 05, 01:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Piers James" wrote in message
and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

for XP -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

and for x64 -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=367

God... they actually went through with it?

No more driver updates for me. puts his foot down

Tony

Old December 9th 05, 02:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Tony DiMarzio" wrote in message
"Piers James" wrote in message
and it looks like they are CCC only, with NO control panel version :-((

for XP -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=293

and for x64 -
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...e&folderID=367

God... they actually went through with it?

No more driver updates for me. puts his foot down

Tony

YES! and it seems that both versions of the .Net Framework are required to
the run it (CCC). It won't even load on my rig with just version 2.0.
Some say that it will only run with the outdated 1.1 version.

Old December 9th 05, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Well guys you can always simply use the drivers by themselves.

I installed the CCC drivers and they appear to work OK. I don't understand
what all the fuss is with CCC.

Can anybody here enlighten me about it's evil?

Old December 9th 05, 05:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

CP Drivers he

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows 2000/XP

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows XP x64

Enjoy

Old December 9th 05, 05:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"CorSec" wrote in message
CP Drivers he

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows 2000/XP

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows XP x64

Enjoy

Where/how did you find these links?

Old December 9th 05, 07:18 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Tony DiMarzio wrote:

"CorSec" wrote in message

CP Drivers he

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows 2000/XP

http://support.ati.com/ics/support/D...737&deptID=894
Windows XP x64

Enjoy

Where/how did you find these links?

And can anyone verify that these are in fact legitimate?