monitor died - what now?

Old June 22nd 04, 11:32 PM

Default monitor died - what now?

My monitor died. What's the proper way to dispose of it?

Alan

** Please use address alanh77[at]comccast.net to reply via e-mail. **

Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.1

Old June 23rd 04, 01:49 AM

In , on 06/23/04
at 02:09 AM, "half_pint" said:

Sell it on Ebay as "untested" (no base unit) thus selling as faulty.

Not what I had in mind. Is there some kind of electronics recycling firm
that picks up things like monitors?

Old June 23rd 04, 02:08 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

half_pint wrote:
Sell it on Ebay as "untested" (no base unit) thus selling as faulty.

Which would be dishonest.

Old June 23rd 04, 02:57 AM
half_pint

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" wrote in message
half_pint wrote:
Sell it on Ebay as "untested" (no base unit) thus selling as faulty.

Which would be dishonest.

It's called marketing dear.

Old June 23rd 04, 03:35 AM
half_pint

wrote in message
ganews.com...
In , on 06/23/04
at 02:09 AM, "half_pint" said:

Sell it on Ebay as "untested" (no base unit) thus selling as faulty.

Not what I had in mind. Is there some kind of electronics recycling firm
that picks up things like monitors?

Plenty of Ebay retailers would be glad to take it off you hands.
Contact one of the many sellers of "untested" goods.

Old June 23rd 04, 07:47 AM
James Whitehead

Go to any monitor repair shop. They will gladly take it, fix it and sell it
and make a nice profit.

ganews.com...

Old June 23rd 04, 08:34 AM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

half_pint wrote:
Sell it on Ebay as "untested" (no base unit) thus selling as faulty.

Which would be dishonest.

It's called marketing dear.

No it isn't. It's called thievery, half_wit.

Old June 23rd 04, 02:49 PM
Mark Shaw

My monitor died. What's the proper way to dispose of it?
Alan

Go to any monitor repair shop. They will gladly take it, fix it and sell

it
and make a nice profit.

That is probably the best place to take it to.
However I doubt theyd want it if its a small ie 15" crt monitor: there
wouldnt be much or any profit after attempting to fix it.
I do remember watching an article on the news where the Japanese have
started a venture to properly recycle monitors and other electrical consumer
units. It'll be years before that type of thinking takes off in the West.

Mark.