What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

Old April 16th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Default What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

WTF is the problem with many shoppers?

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

There's a select few days through the year where people should be assured
they're going to all be available for vegging, family gatherings etc.

People are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves when to 'gather
their family' without needing a bunch of zealots to do it for them.

--
Lordy.UK
Old April 16th 06, 05:38 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 14:56:00 GMT, "Brian Sharrock"
wrote:

"Derek ^" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 11:46:33 +0100, Graham Murray
wrote:

Andy writes:

ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops had to
close. Is this true?

ISTR that there used to be 2 days in the year when all shops,
including Newsagents (hence no newspapers on those days), were
closed. These were Christmas day and Good Friday. So why (and when)
did it change so that Easter Sunday rather then Good Friday was the
'taboo' day for opening?

Don't remember that at all. I can remember the banks opening on Good
Friday,

That would suggest a faulty memory - 'Good Friday' being a _BANK HOLIDAY_!

Not a faulty memory, no.

By legislation a day when Banks are not allowed to do business and when
contracts etc. cannot be signed. Once legislation forced _BANKS_ to close
then commerce followed.

DG

Old April 16th 06, 05:58 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"Stuffed" wrote in message

"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" wrote in message
. uk...

It's not important to me, so why should I lose out, why shouldn't I be
allowed to work that day?

Because the number of selfish ******s wanting to spend a day off with their
family/ friends/ own in front of the holiday telly outweighs the number of
selfish ******s who can't resist the urge to consume for 24 ****ing hours.

HTH

Nah, it didn't help at all.

Old April 16th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

"oO" wrote in message

[snip]

Idiot. You vote for UKIP by any chance? Do you think it
is easier for manufacturers and reataliers to work under
one measurement standard or two? One currency or two?
What do you think?

One. The *British* one.

Ivor

Old April 16th 06, 06:55 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:31:20 GMT, "Richard_Colton"
wrote:

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

Aww, did you not get any Easter eggs this morning?

I tell you something Richard Easter Sunday counts for nothing these
days there was at least a 75% drop in attendance today at the church
two doors away from us .

Strange, attendance is actually up (significantly) around here for the
Christian faiths.

I am pleased to say I wasn't wakened by the
sound of the bible bashers

I honestly can't remember any of the primary faiths "bible bashing" in my
living memory. Jehovas witnesses occasionaly, but never for the Catholics
or CofE.

slamming their car doors

How dare they be so inconsiderate to a man who frequently demonstrates
tolerance of others!

and the screaming
and shouting of their little *******s for a change.

Just curious, but how do you know they don't have fathers?

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old April 16th 06, 06:56 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

in , Sparks wrote:

"SteveH" wrote in message
k... RiTSo
wrote:

Andy wrote:

: ISTR that Xmas and Easter were the two days when large shops
had to : close. Is this true?
:
: However Tesco says it will open between 6 am and midnight on
Easter. : Is this a typo? Must be? http://tinyurl.com/f9zb7
:
: M&S is normally open on a Sunday but will be closed on Easter
day. : http://tinyurl.com/z9yyv

I think it's something along the lines of shops over three
thousand square metres can only open for a maximum of six hours.
The big ASDA near here is open from 10-6 on a Sunday.

Not sure about M&S, maybe they took the decision themselves?

As I recall, it's a hell of a lot less than 3000m^2 'cos that would
be a bloody big shop. (Bear in mind, your average Safeway /
Morrisons store is only 30,000 square feet).

checks

It's 3000 square feet, not metres!

I did wonder where there is a shop that was 3 Kilometres wide and
long!!

That would be 3000 metres square. 3000 square metres would be about 55
metres wide and long.
Old April 16th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

It was the US that saved us from Hitler so why not I for one would
sooner stick with the US than any of the European countries at least
the US have proved they can be trusted .

So the US control the Russian weather?

No wonder they finally crumbled and "lost" the cold war.

Old April 16th 06, 07:09 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

Anyone religious is by their own admission a retard.

How so?

Because they choose to worship an institution that is not worthy of
worship.

I'm all for having faith and something to believe in, but I'll be damned
if it's going to be the greed of the Church - which is an entirely human
concept.

Why should the views of retards take precedence over those of
sane people ?

If the definition of sanity is to be judged by your yardstick,
I'll take the wishes of the insane any day of the week.

You are most welcome to them. To steer the thread back on topic, you may
have them bargain rate and entirely discounted to their true price of
'worthless'.

WTF is the problem with many shoppers?

They are justifiably ****ed off because of bible bashing 'spack-lords'
forcing their fantasy crap onto other people.

Aww, did you not get any Easter eggs this morning?

Actally no, I didn't. Didn't buy any either.

Both myself and my missus thought "**** the church" and honoured the day
by buying each other selfish materialistic goods that were completely
non-chocolate based on Saturday.

HTH

--
Lordy.UK
Old April 16th 06, 07:12 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

and shouting of their little *******s for a change.

Just curious, but how do you know they don't have fathers?

Erm, the term "*******" pertains to the wedded status of the parents,
not how many were involved.

Bloody God Botherers, they're all obsessed with kids that have no human
father...

--
Lordy.UK
Old April 16th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y

in , Hugo Nebula wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 12:31:27 GMT, a particular chimpanzee named "me"
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

"RiTSo" wrote in message
. uk...

Sparks wrote:

: I did wonder where there is a shop that was 3 Kilometres wide and
: long!!

3km x 3km = 9000 square metres

3km = 3 000m. 3 000m x 3 000m = 9 000 000m².

Or you could have a shop 3km long by 1m wide!

ITYM 9000km long by 1m wide.

You could also have one about 22.46cm wide, that extended all the way
around the equator.