OT Question, sorry: Bearshare Search question, avoiding adult results

Old August 19th 08, 06:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RC[_3_]

Default OT Question, sorry: Bearshare Search question, avoiding adult results

Sorry if the question is off topic for Hardware.pc homebuilt.

I was searching on bearshare for some TV Shows.
Regardless of what I typed in, the #1 result I got was,
( where * is my search word)

*.sexy girl has ........................

When I say #1 response, that is based on the RANK(ing) option that
Bearshare has. I don't know how they chose RANK.

Not to be redundant, but just attempting to make myself clear,
if I did a search for OLIVER TWIST, SPY, BONES, (videos files) then
my #1 ranked response would be:

OLIVER TWIST.sexy girl has ........................
SPY.sexy girl has ........................
BONES.sexy girl has ........................

I'm sure there is a simple answer. I know people can use words or
tags to describe their file but how can they put every word I'd search
for in their file's description.

I've seen web sites that would have pages of frequently searched for
words on their site to increase the hits their sites would get.
Sometimes the words were the color of the background so they would be
invisible, but I can see how it would make the web site appear in a
search for that term. Be still, they are limited by the number of
words they put on the site. I realize that their are large word
lists, but still there is a limit.

So, does anyone know how bearshare does it?

Also, I realize that there is an option in Bearshare to reduce or stop
adult type results and I believe that there is a place I can put words
to be "Kill Filtered."

No I don't have a large grasp of BS or how it works.
I'm not looking to get flamed for my question though I know I will
invariably get those types of reposes as well as the standard " (You
question here) SUCKS!" as in "Bearshare sucks, you should be using
ACME Share, it is better."

But I can sort through the gristle for the meat.

So, if you have knowledge of this question, or even a suggestion of a
better place to post it, I'd be grateful for the info.

Thanks
RC