How to feed PC speakers and remote at same time?

Old December 2nd 05, 06:15 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.misc,comp.sys.ibm.pc.soundcard.tech

Default How to feed PC speakers and remote at same time?

I use a wireless system, the RCA Lyra RD900W, to feed music from radio
stations on the Internet to an amplifier and speakers located some distance
from the computer. The Lyra transmitter is connected via a USB port to the
sound card and sends a 900mhz digital signal to a receiver that converts
it back to analog and feeds the amplifier. When this is operating I get no
sound from the computer speakers. The problem: I can't hear the music
from the remote speakers, they're too far away, so I can't monitor the sound
I'm receiving from the stations. I haven't been able to figure out a way
that I can run both sets of speakers simultaneously. The PC speakers only
work if the USB connection is broken, then of course the remotes don't work.

Would anyone have any ideas on how I can get the sound card output to both
sets of speakers at the same time without having to resort to a separate
receiver for the PC speakers?