CPU temp 50 Celsius

Old September 27th 04, 12:13 AM
Shepİ

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:01:51 +0800 Humanity I love.It's just people
who **** me off ;-) Logitech wrote :

Hi,

I just bought a new built system

Intel 3.2GHZ (775 CPU)
Intel 915GAVL motherboard
Seagate 200G SATA hardisk
DDR400 512M Ram
NEC3500 DVD writer

Temperature of the CPU at 55 Celsius even not running game, the motherboard
is also at 42 Celsius

Is it normal? Seems quite hot

Open the windows and switch off the heating in the room :P

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
Old September 27th 04, 10:54 AM
Jon Danniken

"kony" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

Logitech wrote:
how to run a full cpu load test?

Thanks!

Encode video.

Naw, that's too memory and storage subsystem dependent for
highest CPU load.

Odd, I've always found roughly the same results between P95 and encoding video. A
quicky test shows both P95 (Large FFT Torture test) and TMPGenc (avi to mpg) maxing
out my CPU at 45C from an idle of 40C.

Jon

Old September 27th 04, 06:33 PM
kony

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:54:51 -0700, "Jon Danniken"
wrote:

"kony" wrote:
"Jon Danniken" wrote:

Logitech wrote:
how to run a full cpu load test?

Thanks!

Encode video.

Naw, that's too memory and storage subsystem dependent for
highest CPU load.

Odd, I've always found roughly the same results between P95 and encoding video. A
quicky test shows both P95 (Large FFT Torture test) and TMPGenc (avi to mpg) maxing
out my CPU at 45C from an idle of 40C.

Some encoding jobs may be more stressfull than others, on
any particular subsystem. With so many potential variables
it is more difficult to be sure of maximizing CPU
utilization, contrasted to a fixed test isolating CPU more,
like Prime95. Also and perhaps more important, Prime95 will
reveal errors, while an error during encoding might never
be noticed, the job could finish and resulting video may
play back fine.
Old September 28th 04, 04:50 PM
Tim

JK wrote:
Next time choose an AMD processor instead if you are worried about heat
and power consumption.

http://reviews.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/...9164010,00.htm

Logitech wrote:

Hi,

I just bought a new built system

Intel 3.2GHZ (775 CPU)
Intel 915GAVL motherboard
Seagate 200G SATA hardisk
DDR400 512M Ram
NEC3500 DVD writer

Temperature of the CPU at 55 Celsius even not running game, the motherboard
is also at 42 Celsius

Is it normal? Seems quite hot

Nice frag, maybe you noticed that the guy was asking for advice not BS
commentaries. FYI even AthlonXPs run hot, although not as hot as the
Tbirds. The temperature is symptomatic of newer higher clocked
processors. Best advice is to check Intel's site and find out what the
heat tollerances are for your Celeron.
Old September 28th 04, 04:57 PM
Tim

Sleepy wrote:
Logitech wrote in message ...

Hi,

I just bought a new built system

Intel 3.2GHZ (775 CPU)
Intel 915GAVL motherboard
Seagate 200G SATA hardisk
DDR400 512M Ram
NEC3500 DVD writer

Temperature of the CPU at 55 Celsius even not running game, the

motherboard

is also at 42 Celsius

Is it normal? Seems quite hot

My XP2400 is currently running at 41c and motherboard at 22c - it'll go up
by 5 degrees when I run a game and the CPU load is 100%. The differance
between your temps tells me your CPU cooler is okay - its just that there
isnt sufficent airflow in your case so temps in general are a little high.
Get 2 x 80mm case fans and fit 1 at the front/bottom to draw air into the
case and 1 at the back below the PSU to extract air. You'll drop temps by 10
degrees.

Someone who gives good sound advice, these other clowns could learn
something. I have an AthlonC @ 1.4ghz and that baby runs hot(70C). I
added 3 3" fans and a Cyclone card cooler. I have one blowing down on
the CPU and the others, the Cyclone and the other 2 pulling out the
back. I dropped about 15C.
Old September 29th 04, 12:00 AM
Shepİ

Someone who gives good sound advice, these other clowns could learn
something. I have an AthlonC @ 1.4ghz and that baby runs hot(70C). I
added 3 3" fans and a Cyclone card cooler. I have one blowing down on
the CPU and the others, the Cyclone and the other 2 pulling out the
back. I dropped about 15C.

You obviously know bugger all about cooling if you have to fit all
that crap.
1 year_O/C XP1800@XP2100 mega online game sessions hours and
hours.Cheap £6.95 HSF and one 80mm Back cooling fan.

HTH =)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply
email
Free songs to download and,"BURN" :O)

CPU Temp - How hot is too hot? Christoph General 7 June 5th 04 01:40 PM
athlon XP temperature kamik General 2 April 29th 04 11:58 PM
cpu temp? Dave General 6 March 26th 04 03:54 AM
2.4Ghz P4 Xeon 400mhz, CPU Temp Ranges Duncan, Eric A. General 2 February 3rd 04 05:48 AM
System temps Ed Coolidge General 2 August 20th 03 05:22 AM