Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

Old October 24th 18, 12:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Need IOGEAR KVM Manual

I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan
Old October 24th 18, 01:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 07:18:49 -0500, Heron
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

Thank U
Al
Old October 24th 18, 01:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

That doesn't tell me how and what to hook up. I am confoosed.
Al
Old October 24th 18, 01:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

wrote:

On 10/24/2018 6:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/

Never mind I found somethng,
Al
Old October 24th 18, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Turing wrote:

I need a manual for IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774

Symphony, not Sympathy ___^^^^^^^^

It comes with a manual. Is it not written in your native language? Got
it at a garage sale (aka rummage sale aka dump sale), so parts missing?

Is there a reason you cannot go to Iogear's own web site to get the
manual on their product?

https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/
Click the "Product Manual" download link on the right side.

Available in English and French.
Old October 24th 18, 05:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
John McGaw

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

Didn't look too hard did you? ;-)

Go to
https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/ and look for the links to the
online manual. I have the identical KVM myself but couldn't locate the
original manual on a bit.
Old October 25th 18, 01:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 12:43:31 -0400, John McGaw
wrote:

On 10/24/2018 7:18 AM, wrote:
I need a manual or guide for this IOGEAR Sympathy KVM model GCS1774 I
have. It is not working right, and I need to find what I am doing
wrong. Anyone help me?
Thanx
Alan

Didn't look too hard did you? ;-)

I guess not. I thought I did. My senility is really affecting me.
Old age is terrible. Just wait.................

Go to
https://www.iogear.com/product/GCS1774/ and look for the links to the
online manual. I have the identical KVM myself but couldn't locate the
original manual on a bit.

Since you have the IOGEAR GCS1774 4-port USB KVM switch do you have
the same confusion that I do.? Or does anyone else?

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.
Thanks
Al
Old October 25th 18, 05:28 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
VanguardLH[_2_]

Turing wrote:

I only have two PC's connected right now, one W10, one W7. They are
connected to the KVM with the special USB VGA cables which have two
USB connectors for my keyboard and mouse. I have them connected to
the two front USBs on the KVM for my W10 PC, and they work fine. But
when I change to my W7 PC, I have to switch the USB connector to the
USB on the back of the KVM. And when I switch back to the W10 PC, I
have to switch the keyboard USB connector back to the front of the
KVM. The mouse works just fine on both PCs. I wonder what I am doing
wrong. Anyone have an idea? As I said earlier, I now have the
manual.

How long are you holding the selection switch on the KVM to change to
the other PC? The manual (page 6) tells you how long to hold the
switches for what function you want them to do.

The manual also tells you what the front USB ports are for. They are
NOT for switching between hosts. The front USB ports are for
*peripherals*. You use /*ONE*/ keyboard and mouse with this KVM, and
they connect on the backside ports. You are sharing one keyboard and
mouse amongst multiple computers. Pages 10 & 11 of the manual show you
what goes to which port on the KVM.

If the *one* keyboard USB port on the KVM is not changing to which
computer you choose using the KVM's selection switch then the KVM is
broken. You didn't have the manual. Was this KVM got at a garage sale?
If so, maybe they dumped it because it was broke.