XPS-T500 POST beep code 1-3 after PowerLeap upgrade

Old October 26th 03, 01:47 PM
Christopher Muto

Default XPS-T500 POST beep code 1-3 after PowerLeap upgrade

did you update the system to the latest bios revision?

"John Doe" wrote in message
om...
I've upgraded my XPS-T500 Dell PC with PL-IP3/T (1.4GHz Celeron)

I now get 1-3 POST beep code each time during the boot.

This code is not in the list of codes posted at Dell's website:

http://docs.us.dell.com/docs/systems/dkub/codemess.htm

System boots and works just fine.

Does anyone know what this beep code mean ?

Old October 26th 03, 07:41 PM
joe_tide

Updating the BIOS may or may not work (although it won't hurt and may help
other things) although I doubt it. Many others have reported the same beep
problem, but I've never seen a fix for it. They all seem to run fine though.

The only thing I can remember is that it is somehow related to the video
card. I think.