Help! Computer turns off 2 seconds after power on

Old January 28th 04, 02:11 AM

Default Help! Computer turns off 2 seconds after power on

I just got a new km4m combo motherboard, Amd Athlon 2000 cpu, 256 DDR 333
memory and a 160gig hard drive. I put it all together (not the first time)
and crank it up. It starts, the fans are running, 2 seconds and it turns
itself off. Tried different cpu, different memory, No Luck. Tried removing
all hard drives and cd roms, No Luck. No pci cards connected, No network
cards connected. Tried clearing CMOS.

Can anyone please help! It's a business computer and we need it urgently.
Thanks in advance.

Old January 28th 04, 02:29 AM
Martin Francis

wrote in message
I just got a new km4m combo motherboard, Amd Athlon 2000 cpu, 256 DDR 333
memory and a 160gig hard drive. I put it all together (not the first time)
and crank it up. It starts, the fans are running, 2 seconds and it turns
itself off. Tried different cpu, different memory, No Luck. Tried removing
all hard drives and cd roms, No Luck. No pci cards connected, No network
cards connected. Tried clearing CMOS.

Can anyone please help! It's a business computer and we need it urgently.
Thanks in advance.

Did you make the same mistake I made; putting the CPU fan on the wrong way
around?

--
Here lies the late Martin Francis
He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss

Old January 28th 04, 02:41 AM

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:11:23 -0800, wrote:

I just got a new km4m combo motherboard, Amd Athlon 2000 cpu, 256 DDR 333
memory and a 160gig hard drive. I put it all together (not the first time)
and crank it up. It starts, the fans are running, 2 seconds and it turns
itself off. Tried different cpu, different memory, No Luck. Tried removing
all hard drives and cd roms, No Luck. No pci cards connected, No network
cards connected. Tried clearing CMOS.

Can anyone please help! It's a business computer and we need it urgently.
Thanks in advance.

You dont have it set to turn off automatically if the CPU fan doesnt
work do you? If you do that and plug the CPU fan into plug no.2 or
anything other than no.1 on some boards - itll think the fan isnt
going on and turn your system off.