Lock up, no video

Old April 12th 09, 01:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rudy

Default Lock up, no video

I have a self built computer that has been running fine for about four years
or more. I plugged a USB flashdrive in and it locked up. I waited for a half
an hour to see what would happen and had to use the power button to shut
down. When I rebooted there was no video at all. No bios boot info or
anything. Changed monitors, video card and still nothing. All fans are
running and it acts like it boots up. Network lights are lit as usual but no
video.

It's a gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro2 with an AGP Quadro 3600 card.
AMD 3200+

I'm stumped.
Rudy

Old April 12th 09, 02:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

"Rudy" wrote in message
I have a self built computer that has been running fine for about four
years or more. I plugged a USB flashdrive in and it locked up. I waited for
a half an hour to see what would happen and had to use the power button to
shut down. When I rebooted there was no video at all. No bios boot info or
anything. Changed monitors, video card and still nothing. All fans are
running and it acts like it boots up. Network lights are lit as usual but
no video.

It's a gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro2 with an AGP Quadro 3600 card.
AMD 3200+

I'm stumped.
Rudy

Check all connections

try a different PS

substitute RAM
Old April 12th 09, 11:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:59:30 -0400, "Rudy"
wrote:

I have a self built computer that has been running fine for about four years
or more. I plugged a USB flashdrive in and it locked up. I waited for a half
an hour to see what would happen and had to use the power button to shut
down. When I rebooted there was no video at all. No bios boot info or
anything. Changed monitors, video card and still nothing. All fans are
running and it acts like it boots up. Network lights are lit as usual but no
video.

So you're fairly sure it does finish booting? When you
installed the video card was it AGP or PCI? Try the other
type of video card if you have one, and either way try
clearing CMOS while AC power is disconnected.

It's a gigabyte GA-7N400-Pro2 with an AGP Quadro 3600 card.
AMD 3200+

I'm stumped.
Rudy

Since you've already tried a different monitor and video
card, it seems likely that if clearing CMOS doesn't help,
the motherboard will need replaced.

Nvidia 8800GS S-video preview lock on a TV Lizzeh Nvidia Videocards 0 April 12th 07 04:16 PM
AGP lock GT General 1 February 7th 07 07:12 PM
AGP/PCI lock? RJ Asus Motherboards 1 December 8th 05 07:28 AM
help, pls, with lock-up.. Uncle Vinnie General 1 November 4th 04 10:19 PM
Lock ups Dragonfly Nvidia Videocards 0 December 18th 03 07:37 PM