A question

Old March 12th 14, 04:44 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

Default A question

I am running Vista on my computer and on numerous occasions when I right
click on
ie trash or some other items the sand timer just keeps on going and
nothing happens. This happens many many times a day and I am getting
frustrated. When I
hit the ctrl alt delete I get the msg that windows explorer is not
working properly any ideas anyone? Is there a way to fix it?

US Army Retired
2004 Georgie Boy Cruise Master
Skype: lee.g.bray and logitech
Old March 12th 14, 07:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
BillW50

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12546_10...-item-freezes/

--
Bill
Dell Latitude Slate Tablet 128GB SSD ('12 era) - Thunderbird v24.3.0
Old March 12th 14, 07:50 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

On 3/12/2014 2:04 PM, BillW50 wrote:
On 3/12/2014 10:44 AM, Lee wrote:
I am running Vista on my computer and on numerous
occasions when I right click on ie trash or some other
items the sand timer just keeps on going and nothing
happens. This happens many many times a day and I am
getting frustrated. When I hit the ctrl alt delete I get
the msg that windows explorer is not working properly any
ideas anyone? Is there a way to fix it?

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12546_10...-item-freezes/

Mentioned here that my Vista system crashed and burned last year and I
got a new GW with Win8. Think you can only get the most recent IE on
Win8 and other intermediate versions were clunky. Today it is OK but I
prefer Firefox and Chrome to IE.
Old March 31st 14, 10:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Lee

Hi Bill, well I gave it a try and nothing helps. I right click on
Desktop and
zilch. Still no icons either. Got hit with a major malware and it took me
a day to get it cleaned out. Still got that same problem with timer icon
also. Hey at least it gave me something to ask on this forum if there is
anyone left. (grin) I would also say just the lack of posters
indicates that
Gateway has a good product it is just the Microsoft stuff that give it a
problem. BTW thanks again for your assistance.

BillW50 wrote:
On 3/12/2014 10:44 AM, Lee wrote:
I am running Vista on my computer and on numerous
occasions when I right click on ie trash or some other
items the sand timer just keeps on going and nothing
happens. This happens many many times a day and I am
getting frustrated. When I hit the ctrl alt delete I get
the msg that windows explorer is not working properly any
ideas anyone? Is there a way to fix it?

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-12546_10...-item-freezes/

--
Lee US Army Retired