Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

Old June 12th 04, 11:01 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Default Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

A freinds upgrading and he wants to know this.

He just wants a pc that will last a bit longer are their any 940 mobos
out ? and when you plug or if you can plug a 754 cpu into it will it
be dual channel or do only 940 cpus do dual channel any other draw
backs benifits ?

Thanks.
Old June 12th 04, 11:33 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Sorry i mean the two diff 64 bit cpu types 939 940 well i think i
do

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 17:23:25 -0500, "Peter van der Goes"
wrote:

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" Mr wrote in
message ...

Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

A freinds upgrading and he wants to know this.

He just wants a pc that will last a bit longer are their any 940 mobos
out ? and when you plug or if you can plug a 754 cpu into it will it
be dual channel or do only 940 cpus do dual channel any other draw
backs benifits ?

Thanks.

This is a joke, right? What do you think the numbers 754 and 940 represent?
(Hint: # of pins).
Try using Google.

Old June 12th 04, 11:36 PM
Will Dormann

We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:

Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

Absolutely. Just make sure your tool kit has a hammer, though, or you
might not get it to fit.

-WD
Old June 13th 04, 12:21 AM
xman Charlie

"Will Dormann" wrote in message
We Live for the One we Die for the One wrote:

Can you plug a socket 754 cpu into a socket 940 mobo ?

Absolutely. Just make sure your tool kit has a hammer, though, or you
might not get it to fit.

-WD

Makes a good key fob for your key rings...

my 2 cents

Old June 14th 04, 04:16 PM
Tim

"Will Dormann" wrote in message

Absolutely. Just make sure your tool kit has a hammer, though, or you
might not get it to fit.

Nonsense Lay the CPU on the mobo then back over it with an SUV. And wear a
grounding strap for God's sake. I can't believe the misinformation around
here.

Old June 14th 04, 06:01 PM
We Live for the One we Die for the One

Yep that worked, thats how i got my old Socket 7 cpu into the Pentium
2 board still working to this day

Old June 14th 04, 06:32 PM
Tim

"We Live for the One we Die for the One" Mr wrote in
message ...

Yep that worked, thats how i got my old Socket 7 cpu into the Pentium
2 board still working to this day

Socket 7 to Slot 1? That's some SUV!