Epson R2400 problem

Old May 5th 09, 11:45 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Plato[_2_]

Default Epson R2400 problem

Hi all

Can anyone tell me what's the answer is to the following problem?

There is NO printout all - when nozzle check is run - result,
nothing. Ditto printing a text document or photo (B&W or color). BTW
no flashing lights or anything of that sort - everything appears
normal. Printer even sounds as if it is working normally - perhaps a
bit quieter tha's all.

When a cleaning cycle is run it appears to go OK and a look at the
Status Monitor confirms that all ink levels have fallen. So the ink
HAS gone somewhere and it not all over the printer!! That suggests to
me that the inks HAVE passed though the nozzles so they cannot be
blocked. And, if they are not blocked why is there nothing at all on
the paper? Iknow Epsons are prone clogging btu surely if that was the
case the ink level wouldn't drop? BTW used up over half the
cartridges' capacity this way.

It seems to me that it may be a software problem to do with the EEPROM
(reset something) ??? As I say everything appears to be working
normally except that nothing at all prints out. BTW doing a cleaning
cycle though PS or the like or using the control panel buttons has the
same result.

Any help greatly appreciated

plato
Old May 5th 09, 12:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Jan Alter

--
"Plato" wrote in message
[...]

First push the droplet button and move the printhead to the left so you can
see the docking station sponge. Note how it looks. Is it dry, moist, wet,
saturated?
Move the head back by pushing the droplet button again.
If you do a cleaning cycle and then push the droplet button again to move
the head to the left so you can see the docking sponge does the sponge look
wet and saturated with ink?
If it looks the same as when you first viewed it then my thought is that
it's an electronics malfunction rather than a software problem. One should
be able to also do a head cleaning by holding the droplet button in for
about 3 seconds manually without using the software.

Jan Alter

Old May 5th 09, 02:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

The ink monitor do NOT monitor the actual ink loss. The ink doesn't
have to actually be going anywhere. If the heads are badly clogged (BTW
they don;t clog very often on the R2400 with Ultrachrome inks, at least)
each time you do a cleaning cycle the ink monitor will reflect teh
amount of ink that "should have" gone down the waste ink tubes, but it
did not actually do so if the heads are clogged.

If you do it enough times, the monitor will tell you you now have a
bunch of drained cartridges, but they may in actuality be full, however,
the chip will now indicate to the printer that the cartridge is indeed
"empty".

For more information email the address below. Indicate the type/model
of Epson of printer, if you are using 3rd party inks, and or a
continuous inking system attached to the printer.

I will send you a free document that shows you how to do a proper head
cleaning at home at little risk using household items and liquids.

My email address is:

e-printerhelp(at)mvps(dot)org

(at) = @
(dot) = .

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Old May 5th 09, 11:04 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

On Tue, 05 May 2009 06:14:05 -0700, Arthur Entlich wrote:

The ink monitor do NOT monitor the actual ink loss. The ink doesn't
have to actually be going anywhere. If the heads are badly clogged (BTW
they don;t clog very often on the R2400 with Ultrachrome inks, at least)

TRANSLATION
The self appointed printer guru is saying that if you use the crap (non
Epson Ultrachrome ink - patented) then you are risking your printhead and
your printer.

That is in addition to getting poor results and more risk of fading. The
only really bad thing about the 2400 is there is not a 1 to 1 ration of
ink channels to cartridges.

Old May 5th 09, 11:53 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Michael Johnson

measekite wrote:
TRANSLATION
The self appointed printer guru is saying that if you use the crap (non
Epson Ultrachrome ink - patented) then you are risking your printhead and
your printer.

That is in addition to getting poor results and more risk of fading. The
only really bad thing about the 2400 is there is not a 1 to 1 ration of
ink channels to cartridges.

This coming from the Village Idiot that uses COMPATIBLE photo paper to
spray his expensive Canon OEM ink all over. By your own words you too
risk poor results and fading but I guess since you are a hypocrite it
makes it all right. Also, my guess is your ignorant ranting about
COMPATIBLE ink is just more bull **** that spews from your keyboard or
you would be using expensive Canon OEM photo paper along with that
expensive OEM ink to ensure you are getting the highest quality of
prints possible.
Old May 6th 09, 12:43 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Frank

measher-****-head, the oem ink drinking austrian fascist atheist bigoted
asshole idiot moron loser wrote:

--deleted this assholes stupid bull**** remarks as a public service--

Go fukk yourself meahser-****-head, you frigging austrian fascist
atheist asshole loser!

Epson R2400 000-45 Printers 2 September 18th 08 12:03 PM
Epson R2400 Monty Printers 3 February 10th 07 03:31 PM
Epson R2400 Monty Printers 7 July 22nd 06 11:46 AM
Epson R2400 icc profiles beeldbouwer Printers 7 March 15th 06 10:45 PM
Epson R1800 and R2400 suggestions. Joseph Chamberlain, DDS Printers 11 January 26th 06 10:27 PM