Is this great customer service from vantec or WHAT :)

Old January 14th 04, 01:33 AM
We Live For The One We Die For The One

Default Is this great customer service from vantec or WHAT :)

Paul,

You made no mention that you were from Australia. We have two
divisions at Vantec, Vantec USA and Vantec Taiwan. You contacted the
USA branch and we automatically assume, unless it is obvious from the
e-mail, that the person we are contacting is from the United States as
well. While a few places in Australia do purchase from us, most of
them use Vantec Taiwan. As such, we normally do not provide support
to overseas customers since the taxes going in and out of the US can
be exorbitant.

In early units of the NXP-201, some of the units, NOT ALL, did produce
a humming noise when the fan speed was set to less than 100%. That
flaw was immediately addressed and should not be showing up if you
recently purchased the unit, especially in the US. Unfortunately, the
components that we at Vantec USA sell aren't always the same as the
ones from Vantec Taiwan. Also, since it costs more to ship overseas,
some places purchase a large stock and keep it around so they are
slower to have revisions.

Go ahead and fill out the form and provide a copy of the receipt. If
the receipt date is within 3 months, we will make an exception and
ship you a new unit without you having to ship back the defective
unit.

Thank you for choosing Vantec.

Nice, if it ever turns up that is

The cost of Bad Service: Samsung HDD: SP 1614N dt General 10 December 20th 04 09:54 PM
Aopen video cards - customer service Ted Michelini General 2 September 21st 04 10:11 PM
dvd burner.. which one? db General 8 June 27th 04 07:47 PM
Q: 3200XP and Vantec Aeroflow Eyman Overclocking AMD Processors 3 February 3rd 04 04:19 PM
The nVidia WDM Video Capture (universal) service failed to start Anonymous General 2 December 28th 03 11:29 PM