How to use WinZip or 7 or any program to merge two folders? Findduplicate files?

Old February 26th 15, 09:22 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
RayLopez99

Default How to use WinZip or 7 or any program to merge two folders? Findduplicate files?

Here's the problem: I zipped the identical folder twice. Then later I found out due to excessive folder path size and unknown other factors I have various versions of the folder, some truncated and some not, some with files of 'zero size' and some not. So I want to 'merge' the two folders, then use a program like FileDuplicate (sic, not sure if that's the real name, but that's the gist) to find the truncated folders and zero size files, and delete them.

How to do that?

If this is easy please explain. If not, I'll figure it out with trial and error.

Windows 8 OS, folders are not super huge, but around 1-5 GB in size.

Thanks!

RL
Old February 26th 15, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

RayLopez99 wrote:
Here's the problem: I zipped the identical folder twice. Then later I found
out due to excessive folder path size and unknown other factors I have various
versions of the folder, some truncated and some not, some with files of
'zero size' and some not. So I want to 'merge' the two folders, then use a
program like FileDuplicate (sic, not sure if that's the real name, but that's
the gist) to find the truncated folders and zero size files, and delete them.

How to do that?

If this is easy please explain. If not, I'll figure it out with trial and error.

Windows 8 OS, folders are not super huge, but around 1-5 GB in size.

Thanks!

RL

If you're afraid of losing something,
you'll do that job by hand.

Who knows in a given case, which is the "best"
of the two files to keep ?

Paul