Coolermaster Aero 7+

Old September 3rd 03, 01:06 AM
E_\\_¼__½__¾__F

Default Coolermaster Aero 7+

Being in the market for some better cooling for my XP2600+ (266FSB) I
purchased a Cooler Master Aero 7+ blower hsf. Just got it today and was
reading on the box that it cools P3 coppermine chips up to 1.13ghz and
celerons up to 1.6. Also says Durons up to 1.7 and all Athlon up to 3000+
and higher. How could that be? Theres no way a p3 1.13 runs hotter than an
atlon xp 3000+ "and higher" let alone a 1.6 celeron? should i even bother
with this hsf or should i send it back? I currently have a volcano 7+ and my
system sits at 45-48C idle with an ambient temp of about 25-27C. any and all
opinions appreciated. thanx.

Old September 3rd 03, 01:13 AM
Roger Squires

tomshardware has a review of it you can look at. It's loud at the highest
setting but a decent cooler.

rms

Old September 3rd 03, 05:45 AM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:06:40 +0000, E_\_¼__½__¾__F wrote:

Being in the market for some better cooling for my XP2600+ (266FSB) I
purchased a Cooler Master Aero 7+ blower hsf. Just got it today and was
reading on the box that it cools P3 coppermine chips up to 1.13ghz and
celerons up to 1.6. Also says Durons up to 1.7 and all Athlon up to 3000+
and higher. How could that be? Theres no way a p3 1.13 runs hotter than an
atlon xp 3000+ "and higher" let alone a 1.6 celeron? should i even bother
with this hsf or should i send it back? I currently have a volcano 7+ and my
system sits at 45-48C idle with an ambient temp of about 25-27C. any and all
opinions appreciated. thanx.

It's real simple. At the time of printing, those were the fastest cpu's
out. The "and higher" tells you that it should work with any XP.
Basically, it also means that it will work on socket 7, socket A, socket
370 cpu's. It's supposed to be an excellent cooler, a top performer. I
understand that putting rubber washers between the fan and hs really
reduces the noise too.

Old September 3rd 03, 11:55 AM

Well i went ahead and stuck it on there. so far its good. about 5c cooler
than my volcano 7+ on high speed. thanks for your info.