HD light on

Old July 11th 04, 03:51 AM
Boba & Ilinka

Default HD light on

There are 2 HD hooked on. HD light on the case is on. The "D" HD is not
visible on Windows. When I remove the D HD the light comes on. Is the drive
dead. The D HD (Quantum Fireball 13GB) I use as a back up.

Boba Vancouver BC

Old July 11th 04, 10:07 AM

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:54:34 GMT, "Boba & Ilinka"
wrote:

Sorry, when I remove D HD the light is off.

Boba Vancouver BC

"Boba & Ilinka" wrote in message
There are 2 HD hooked on. HD light on the case is on. The "D" HD is not
visible on Windows. When I remove the D HD the light comes on. Is the

drive
dead. The D HD (Quantum Fireball 13GB) I use as a back up.

Boba Vancouver BC

Are they on the same cable? Have you checked to make sure the jumpers
are set correctly?

In the old days I did run into some quirkyness regarding the
co-existence of different brands on the same channel. A Quantum I had
and a Maxtor wouldnt get along at all. It would act really bizarre and
srart corrupting the hds. Then I put them on separate cables and they
worked fine. Strangely I had a Fujitsu too at the time and the Quantum
got along with that.

Old July 11th 04, 07:06 PM
kony

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:51:24 GMT, "Boba & Ilinka"
wrote:

There are 2 HD hooked on. HD light on the case is on. The "D" HD is not
visible on Windows. When I remove the D HD the light comes on. Is the drive
dead. The D HD (Quantum Fireball 13GB) I use as a back up.

Boba Vancouver BC

Could be dead, run Quantum's diagnostics after trying to backup
data to another drive, if possible.
Old July 11th 04, 07:24 PM
Boba & Ilinka

It is cable selected, It is on deferent cable than C HD, dvd berner is on
the same chanel and it work ok on the both end of the cable, cable is 80
wires one. Previously it was vorking fine.

Boba, Vancouver BC