402cd io device irq conflict

Old July 3rd 09, 03:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Default 402cd io device irq conflict

On Jul 1, 3:23*am, philo wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
philo wrote:
mc wrote:
On Jun 29, 11:01 pm, Ben Myers wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
mc wrote:
On Jun 29, 3:29 pm, mc wrote:
On Jun 29, 9:32 am, Ben Myers wrote:
mc wrote:
I was trying to nstall a netgear card in this machine in the
last few
months and then this error started showing up in the boot
sequence 'IO
Device irq conflict" and then you are given the option to hit
F1 to
resume. I removed the netgear card and drivers and even
reloaded the
OP sys but the error still shows at boot up. I have even
removed all
isa cards, and unplugged the ide cables to locate this error,
but it
is still there even without an ops sys installed or ide cables
connected...any thoughts?
thanks mc
Replace motherboard CMOS battery. *Should be a CR2032. *If the
battery
has been replaced recently, clear the CMOS, which remembers the IRQ
info
and other hardware configuration data... Ben Myers
Does anyone know where I can find those 4 pin external battery
connectors for the cmos. Even compusa has limited items for sale any
more here in tampa...
mc
Ben
does this pb 600 MB have jumpers for clearing the cmos?
mc
Try this URL for PB600 info. *The original PB web site is long
gone, of
course, so you can't get the manual for it.
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconVall...774/pb600.html
The J8 jumper, just behind the mouse port, clears the password, and
maybe the CMOS as well... Ben
Even better info about the PB600:

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/600.htm

... Ben- Hide quoted text -

Ben
I was able to clear the IO device irq conflict at boot up, but when I
use the only pci slot available for the netgear card it gives a boot
up error at pci slot 3. I tried to manually change the irq in device
manager but no luck. I wonder if someone still makes an isa network
card?
mc

Have a look in the bios you may need to manually assign an IRQ

or if the bios is set to manual see if there is an "auto" option

anyway I am sure ISA netcards still show up on Ebay

The 402CD desktop system has a riser card with one PCI slot and three
ISA slots. *Network performance is 1000% better with a PCI card, which
can operate at 100mbit speed. *3COM made a 3c515 ISA card that also ran
at 100mbit. *If the OP already has a PCI audio card, then an ISA
Ethernet card is the only real choice.

Pity, but I scrapped all of my ISA Ethernet cards maybe a year ago. Same
with ISA Sound Blasters and ISA modems. *At the time, nobody seemed to
want them... Ben Myers

I still keep a few ISA devices here, just in case I need them.

With my DSL connection, I notice no slow down if I use an old ISA 10mbit
card as my connection is pretty slow to begin with!- Hide quoted text -

Philo I do not see anything in the bios relative to setting the
irq........
Ben, I guess I'm a year late on needing an isa card, the pci slot is
not used, and the modem sound card is in the center isa slot. I ve
tried moving the sound card to a different location and re-inserting
thepci card but always get the same irq problem
mc
Old July 4th 09, 03:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers[_2_]

mc wrote:
On Jul 1, 3:23 am, philo wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
Ben Myers wrote:
mc wrote:
[...]

Well, the early PB Pentium motherboards, like a lot of other early
Pentium and 486 boards, were among the first to have PCI slots. PCI
support in the BIOS was often primitive and incomplete.

Wish I could remember how to fix the IRQ problem... Ben Myers

DVD - CD device conflict Citizen Bob General 17 October 16th 06 03:02 AM
IRQ conflict? USB mass storage device TonyG Homebuilt PC's 3 December 6th 05 11:42 PM
IDE Device Conflict??? BF General 26 November 18th 05 09:08 PM
K8N-E SATA / IDE / Floppy Device Conflict Toney Asus Motherboards 1 April 2nd 05 03:51 PM
Resource Conflict PnP Device CD sammy General Hardware 0 October 22nd 03 11:41 AM