Antec TruePower 550: min/max fan speeds and cfm air flow

Old July 19th 04, 06:02 AM
Winey

Default Antec TruePower 550: min/max fan speeds and cfm air flow

I am putting in a new fans and PS into my Addtronics 7968A case (same
as Supermicro 760A). I want to ensure that I maintain positive air
flow. So I need to know t he minimum and max cfm of the fans that
come with the Antec.

Checking on the web site, I could find out only that the rear fan of
the PS might run as low at 1500 rpm, too low to be picked up my some
fan speed monitoring.

Or put another way, if you have an Antec 550 Truepower or TrueControl,
what are your total cfm in and cfm out to maintain positive pressure
in the case, exclusive of the PS.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Old July 20th 04, 02:45 PM
NSA

My system is a chieftec case Apollo, with a 120mm rear fan and the psu is a
300W also from chieftec. I have the 2.8 E, 512 DDR, Maxtor 7200 sata, FX
5700, CD-RW, CD-Rom. Also have a 92 mm in the front for intake air, and a 80
mm for HD cooling.

The 120 mm is a TItan and it has a cfm of 80. It realy puts a lot of air out
of the case but also makes lots of noise. So I decided to under volt it. It
is now runnig wtih 7 volt and is alot more silent. For my specs it stil puts
suficient air out.

Also, 300W of PSU is suficient for my system. The Psu get's hot but it is
more silent than the 460W ( a PSU from Eurotech with 120 mm fan) I have
before.

Silva

"Winey" escreveu na mensagem

Old July 21st 04, 11:05 AM

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 22:02:39 -0700, Winey
wrote:

I am putting in a new fans and PS into my Addtronics 7968A case (same
as Supermicro 760A). I want to ensure that I maintain positive air
flow. So I need to know t he minimum and max cfm of the fans that
come with the Antec.

Checking on the web site, I could find out only that the rear fan of
the PS might run as low at 1500 rpm, too low to be picked up my some
fan speed monitoring.

Or put another way, if you have an Antec 550 Truepower or TrueControl,
what are your total cfm in and cfm out to maintain positive pressure
in the case, exclusive of the PS.

Thanks.

Thanks.

huh ?

Just duct the input to your power supply if it's a problem.

http://www.svc.com/ovcokitbl.html

Old July 21st 04, 09:04 PM
Winey

wrote:

I am putting in a new fans and PS into my Addtronics 7968A case (same
as Supermicro 760A). I want to ensure that I maintain positive air
flow. So I need to know t he minimum and max cfm of the fans that
come with the Antec.

Checking on the web site, I could find out only that the rear fan of
the PS might run as low at 1500 rpm, too low to be picked up my some
fan speed monitoring.

Or put another way, if you have an Antec 550 Truepower or TrueControl,
what are your total cfm in and cfm out to maintain positive pressure
in the case, exclusive of the PS.

Thanks.

Thanks.

huh ?

Just duct the input to your power supply if it's a problem.

http://www.svc.com/ovcokitbl.html

Hey, that is a great store! And pretty close to where I live, so I
can probably get things on will call without waiting for shipping from
other places. and I like the duct design. Only question is whether
or not there is room enough in the case for the duct without cutting
off airflow in general.

But, but, you gave me an answer to a different question. I never said
that heat was a problem. All I said was,

I am putting in new fans
I'm putting in a new Antec truepower 550 power supply
I want to maintain positive air pressure in the case, taking into
account the fans in the PS. So I need to know the cfm rating of the
PS fan. That's all.
Old July 28th 04, 07:22 PM
Ken

wrote:

Checking on the web site, I could find out only that the rear fan of
the PS might run as low at 1500 rpm, too low to be picked up my some
fan speed monitoring.

Get another fan speed monitoring.