NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

Old September 23rd 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Greg Oliva

Default NVIDIA Control Panel won't open

Windows XP Media Center 2005.
6800 Graphics Card.
Presently using display driver version 94.24 with no problems. When I update
to version 162.18, or 163.68, or 163.71, the NVIDIA Control Panel won't
open. When I click on the NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Windows Control
Panel, or from the Task Bar Icon, nothing happens.
I always use Driver Cleaner.net after uninstalling present drivers. I have
never had this problem occur before after years of updating display drivers.

Old September 24th 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Greg Oliva wrote:
Windows XP Media Center 2005.
6800 Graphics Card.
Presently using display driver version 94.24 with no problems. When I update
to version 162.18, or 163.68, or 163.71, the NVIDIA Control Panel won't
open. When I click on the NVIDIA Control Panel Icon in Windows Control
Panel, or from the Task Bar Icon, nothing happens.
I always use Driver Cleaner.net after uninstalling present drivers. I have
never had this problem occur before after years of updating display drivers.

It's a new control panel offered with the 1XX.XX drivers, in many
instances based on prior configurations you have to (un)install ntune to
get it (the new panel) working. Strange but true. Also, who knows what
issues media center might bring to the table.

The new panel is a rank mess, once you get it working come on back and
let us know if you want to go back to the old panel, there is a small
registry file that can re-activate it. Coolbits still works, so make
sure you continue to use that as well.