ATI 9200 screen "vibration"

Old April 12th 04, 11:46 PM
Dave

Default ATI 9200 screen "vibration"

I'm running an ATI 9200 in a P4 2.8GHz machine on a DFI Lanparty
Pro875 MB (don't ask - work machine), two SATA drives and a CDRW. No
PCI cards; the only expansion card installed is the ATI 9200.

The screen appears to vibrate or jiggle. I really don't know how else
to describe it. It looks like the horizontal hold is wacky with very
fine lines, except that you can still see the image on the screen, but
it looks blurry until you get up close to see the lines wiggling.

I have tried a variety of screen resolutions to no avail, and the
problem is present as soon as the video comes up on the machine at
POST so I don't think it's a resolution issue.

I have also tried a different monitor which also didn't change
anything.

It looks like interference of some kind, so I'm wondering if anyone
has experienced this issue with the same or similar configuration.

I'd appreciate any information.

Thanks,
Dave
Old April 13th 04, 12:46 AM
Philburg2

Sounds like magnetic interference, make sure no power supplys or major power
sources are near the monitor.
om...

Old April 13th 04, 03:32 PM
Vince Busto

I have an older ATI in my home computer that does the same thing
whenever the clothes iron is plugged into the outlet on the other side
of the wall.

Maybe you should try the computer at a different electrical outlet, or
try a surge supressor.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:46:08 GMT, "Philburg2"
wrotg:

Sounds like magnetic interference, make sure no power supplys or major power
sources are near the monitor.
. com...

Old April 13th 04, 03:48 PM

On 13-Apr-2004, Vince Busto wrote:

I have an older ATI in my home computer that does the same thing
whenever the clothes iron is plugged into the outlet on the other side
of the wall.

Maybe you should try the computer at a different electrical outlet, or
try a surge supressor.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:46:08 GMT, "Philburg2"
wrotg:

Sounds like magnetic interference, make sure no power supplys or major
power
sources are near the monitor.
"Dave" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

The problem can be caused by a flourescent light too close to the monitor.
Old April 13th 04, 06:35 PM
Dave

wrote in message ...
On 13-Apr-2004, Vince Busto wrote:

I have an older ATI in my home computer that does the same thing
whenever the clothes iron is plugged into the outlet on the other side
of the wall.

Maybe you should try the computer at a different electrical outlet, or
try a surge supressor.

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 23:46:08 GMT, "Philburg2"
wrotg:

Sounds like magnetic interference, make sure no power supplys or major
power
sources are near the monitor.
"Dave" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

After some fiddling, it appears that the symptoms of this problem are
affected by moving the video cable around. I can get the problem to
nearly clear by moving the cable, but the problem returns after a
short time and I have to constantly move the cable to a new
orientation. I'm going to try relocating the tower to see if that
provides a more permanant solution.

Thanks for the input!!
Old April 18th 04, 01:02 AM

i am having something similar happen but also have red outlines.
especially on faces.
my card is an aiw radion 32ddr

Old April 22nd 04, 09:55 PM
M3G4

There's an option on the monitors called Moire. Some video cards muddle with
the moire settings on the monitors and the images appear to vibrate. Have
you checked the V Moire and H Moire are set to 0?

Failing that, the socket may be faulty judging by the wiggling of cable.
om...