Re : System failed DDA Teast

Old September 16th 04, 02:09 PM
Jaz

Default Re : System failed DDA Teast

ah how right you are .. hearing aid was down too far it seems (and no im not
joking!) no wonder i couldnt figure out what it meant !

ok on that note the MB is a P4P800-E deluxe and vid card is auriga .. either
L78-1B - Radeon 9200 64 bits 128M (AGP 8X 3.0)
or
L78-15 - Radeon 9200 128 bits 128M (AGP 8X 3.0)

it doesnt say on the card nor driver disk and the online user maual is
generic
i threw the packaging away as it was orginally working - or so i thought !

its not old but it was cheap .. the only reason i bought it was my old vid
card is for the old style AGP slot.
the only thing that the MB manual has about incompatibilities is 1.5 only
not 3.3 .. and the vid card does not specify either way

on the basis that this is now glaringly the problem can anyone suggest a
decent but not too pricy alternative ? ( i will have to ebay the ****ty ati
... anyone interested ? 'lol')

JAZ

Paul wrote in message
In article , "Jaz"
wrote:

Hello again all .. friendly confused back again

Apon advice i ran the microsoft memory test with view to having it run a
minimum of 5 passes
(i cant get memtest86 to work .. it loads flashes a blue screen and

resets
then we go round in circles untill i pop the disk)

None the less i ran it .. it detected a error on pass 2 and then froze

on
pass 3 ..
The only was to fix this was to hit the reset button which i did booted

back
up into windows then shut back down.
moved the ram over a dimm to try test again
I booted back up went into the bios first to check the temps just to

make
sure (cpu44 mb 27 .. all good correct ?) exited out and went back into

the
test .. it froze again but this time on reset only resulted in system

failed
DDA test .. i tried a different stick of ram in both dimms .. system

failed
cleared cmos .. system failed
did i break somthing big time ?????

system is P4P800-E Deluxe
P4 2.8E (prescott 800fsb 1g cache - or so it says)
512 mb kingmax ddr 400
alternate ram was 256 mb kingmax ddr 333

Help before i cry please !!!!

There error message is probably "System Failed VGA Test".

I think it is time for you to tell us more about your
video card. Calling it "some old ATI card" won't cut it.
We need to know name/model number etc, to identify whether
it is a recent enough video card or not.

As for memtest86, disabling "USB Legacy Support" is sometimes
required to get memtest86 to work. But, based on your symptoms,
you aren't even getting far enough into the program for that
setting to make a difference. It sounds like the video card
has issues.

HTH,
Paul