Confusing CD playback problem

Old September 14th 04, 01:45 AM
Don.

Default Confusing CD playback problem

I've a commercial Pete Foundtain CD under the RANWOOD MCA label. It plays
all 18 tracks on our JVC DVD/CD player, in both cars, but not on either of
my 2 cd player/recorders (one is 2 months old) nor my wife's cd player.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Don

Old September 19th 04, 05:42 AM
Don.

I tried to rip the last two tracks with AudioGrabber and was told there was an
ASIP problem. From there I ran Adaptec's ASPIchk and found an 'inconsistence
in version numbers'. That "might" be the problem. Sigh...

Don

Old September 19th 04, 07:57 AM
Graham Mayor

If you are unable to obtain a replacement disc, and if EAC will not rip it
cleanly, then rip as many separate tracks as you can, then connect the
output of your CD player that will play the disc to the sound card of the PC
and record the missing tracks in real time. Burn a new disc from the
resulting files.

--

Graham Mayor

Old September 19th 04, 04:01 PM
Larc

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:42:11 -0700, Don. wrote:

| I tried to rip the last two tracks with AudioGrabber and was told there was an
| ASIP problem. From there I ran Adaptec's ASPIchk and found an 'inconsistence
| in version numbers'. That "might" be the problem. Sigh...

I had to remove the installed Adaptec ASPI files and install version
4.60. Although that's supposed to be for Win95/98, it is the only
version that has been completely trouble free in my XP system.

This is one site that has 4.60 available:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/aspi.html

Larc

Old September 19th 04, 05:08 PM
Graham Mayor

Some versions of aspichk will show an inconsistency with Windows XP and the
latest version of ASPI, however an installed version of aspi isn't really
necessary with most software under XP and may cause more problems than it
solves. Grab a copy of the wnaspi32.dll file from a Nero installation (or
the Nero download site) and put it in the application folder of the
application. This works fine for such apps as EAC, CDEX, CloneCD etc and I
see no reason why it shouldn't work for Audiograbber.

--

Graham Mayor

Old September 19th 04, 08:42 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Larc wrote:

I had to remove the installed Adaptec ASPI files and install version
4.60. Although that's supposed to be for Win95/98, it is the only
version that has been completely trouble free in my XP system.

Didn't your XP system get killed ???!!!

ASPI Kills Win XP - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

There were NO reports of aspi killing win xp.
None, nada, zip, zilch!

Yet:
From: smh
Subject: - ASPI "Kills" WinXP?
Date: 8/1/01

Adrian Miller (cRoxio) spewed:

4.00 and 4.01 installed the Adaptec ASPI layer and
there have been quite a few reports in the XP beta groups
of that killing the OS.

Aspi "killing" WinXP? "Quite a few" reports?

how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller (cRoxio)?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash

==================================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio ****)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
==================================

------------------
What a Slimy ****!
------------------

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Old September 19th 04, 09:02 PM
Larc

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 17:08:23 +0100, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

| Some versions of aspichk will show an inconsistency with Windows XP and the
| latest version of ASPI, however an installed version of aspi isn't really
| necessary with most software under XP and may cause more problems than it
| solves. Grab a copy of the wnaspi32.dll file from a Nero installation (or
| the Nero download site) and put it in the application folder of the
| application. This works fine for such apps as EAC, CDEX, CloneCD etc and I
| see no reason why it shouldn't work for Audiograbber.

Thanks, but I wouldn't dare change mine now that everything in that
area is running flawlessly. :-)

Larc

Old September 19th 04, 09:42 PM
smh

' -------------------------------------------
Graham Mayor (MS MVP), were you also born
with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
Does the "P" in MVP stand for "PRICK"?
Does MS stand for "Mikey S-licker"?

Graham Mayor (MS MVP) spewed:

an installed version of aspi isn't really necessary
with most software under XP

Expert on aspi, Mayor (MS MVP)?

Don't "most" burn softwares need aspi on xp?

Don't Easy CD Cremator use aspi on XP?

and may cause more problems than it solves.

"May" ???!!!

From: Mike Richter (Roxio ****)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.

Help needed with unidentified problem ^MisterJingo^ General 3 November 23rd 04 05:45 AM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM