More RAM and now video problems

Old February 17th 05, 07:24 PM
Bob H

Default More RAM and now video problems

I have just added another 256mb of Corsair ram to my already 512mb
Corsair ram, and altho' it checks out ok in the bootup screen ie 786mb
now, when I get into win2k, my colours are going orangey now and again
with lines. It does seem to only happen shortly after getting into
windows, and then looks like it is settling down to normal colours.

Ay ideas as to what this problem? might be? I have not altered the ram
timings at all from when I had just 512mb in, and it is the same Corsair
Value Select VS256MB400, as my other 2 sticks of 256mb.

Thanks
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

Old February 17th 05, 08:35 PM
Bob H

How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:
integrated graphics?

Old February 17th 05, 09:46 PM
JAD

Video on mainboard or is it an expansion card ( AGP/PCI )?

"Bob H" wrote in message
How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:
integrated graphics?

Old February 18th 05, 12:42 PM
Bob H

No, its' a Abit siluro GF4 MX AGP Graphics card with 64mb ram

"Bob H" wrote in message

How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:

integrated graphics?

Old February 18th 05, 07:05 PM
JAD

reseat it...you may have bumped it loose during the memory install.

"Bob H" wrote in message

How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:

integrated graphics?

Old February 18th 05, 07:20 PM
Michael Hawes

"Bob H" wrote in message

How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:

integrated graphics?

"Bob H" wrote in message

I have just added another 256mb of Corsair ram to my already 512mb
Corsair ram, and altho' it checks out ok in the bootup screen ie 786mb
now, when I get into win2k, my colours are going orangey now and again
with lines. It does seem to only happen shortly after getting into
windows, and then looks like it is settling down to normal colours.

Ay ideas as to what this problem? might be? I have not altered the ram
timings at all from when I had just 512mb in, and it is the same

Corsair
Value Select VS256MB400, as my other 2 sticks of 256mb.

Thanks
--

Bob H
Leeds UK

If you remove the new RAM does problem go away? Download memory test
and test the RAM. Have you tried removing and reseating the video card?
Mike.

Old February 19th 05, 04:48 PM
Bob H

"Bob H" wrote in message

How do you mean, RAM on the graphics card itself?

Thanks

JAD wrote:

integrated graphics?

"Bob H" wrote in message

[...]

I tested my ram, all of it, with memtest, letting it run for about 40
mins or so, and no errors were found. Strangely enough, I have had this
problem once before after fitting in new ram sticks, and then the
problem went away, just like it has now!
No, directly after fitting a new 256mb stick of Corsair ram, on bootup
the screen was going funny colours, then in windows 2000, it was the
same again for a short while. Now there has been no problems for the
last 36 hours or so.

Thanks

--
Bob H