!!!!!!!******P4P800-e Delux wont boot

Old February 19th 06, 06:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

Default !!!!!!!******P4P800-e Delux wont boot

My P4P800-e Delux mother bord will not boot to
Bios. I get no display no beeps, fans all running light on board. I tried clearing
CMOS. Pulled the power supply and had it tested It was bad, I put a new one in and still have the same problem.

Some have suggested the bios has crashed and i have to repolace the motherboard.

I pulled the mem out and just left on in. I replaced the Pentuim 4 chip and still wont boot.

I have tried about everything. I have ordered a new motherboard and waiting for it.

I was a little board so i thought i would ask if there is something else i could try while i wait for the replacment board.

Thanks, for any suggestions.

Tomw

Old February 19th 06, 09:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

In news:5J2Kf.565430$084.206051@attbi_s22,
tomw typed:

My P4P800-e Delux mother bord will not boot to
Bios. I get no display no beeps, fans all running light on board.

Burnt southbridge ?
--
G -
Pentium D 820, P5WD2 Premium, 2048MB/533, Sapph_X700Pro
Old February 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

You do indeed need to wait for your replacement board to arrive.

--
DaveW

----------------

Old February 20th 06, 05:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

In article , "ggs" wrote:

In news:5J2Kf.565430$084.206051@attbi_s22,
tomw typed:

My P4P800-e Delux mother bord will not boot to
Bios. I get no display no beeps, fans all running light on board.

Burnt southbridge ?

There is a picture of a burnt ICH5 family Southbridge here...
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showth...light=usb+port

Paul
Old February 21st 06, 12:28 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus

In article , "ggs" wrote:

In ,
Paul typed:

There is a picture of a burnt ICH5 family Southbridge here...
http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showth...light=usb+port

Looks cool but it doesn't have to look like this in every case ?

You are correct. It can look perfectly normal and be burnt on the
inside. I wanted to post this picture, because it is graphic in
nature, and gets the idea across to the OP, that his Southbridge
is the most likely point of failure.

The more "silent" failure case, results in the USB ports being
dead, but the chip exterior looks normal. But the cure is the
same - the motherboard must be repaired under warranty.

Paul