Gateway Laptop MX6625 Display

Old December 16th 08, 09:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
webash

Default Gateway Laptop MX6625 Display

The display works fine until you try to adjust it toward the close
position, then blacks out. Close and reopen you have a good display.
Open to any suggestions.

Old December 19th 08, 03:40 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ben Myers[_2_]

webash wrote:
The display works fine until you try to adjust it toward the close
position, then blacks out. Close and reopen you have a good display.
Open to any suggestions.

Loose connection, possibly the cable from the LCD that attaches to the
motherboard or graphics card. I had the same with an old P3 Solo 9500.
I took a similar (but bad motherboard) Solo 9550 apart and found a
clamp screwed down over the connector, missing from the 9500. So I took
the clamp from the 9550 and put it on the 9500. Problem solved.

In theory, at least, laptops have come a long way toward standardizing
LCD connectors to make solid contact and not come undone. In theory.
There are always the companies that cut corners in computer
manufacturing... Ben Myers
Old December 30th 08, 11:04 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
webash[_2_]

clamp ******* down over the connector, missing from the 9500. So I
took
the clamp from the 9550 and put it on the 9500. Problem solved.

In theory, at least, laptops have come a long way toward standardizing
LCD connectors to make solid contact and not come undone. In theory.
There are always the companies that cut corners in computer
manufacturing... Ben Myers

Problem started prior to mother board replacement, continued after.
Opened display, unplugged inverter cables, ohmed each while moving
display, no breaks in conducters replugged board. Still acts the same.