Canon S600 printer and Win95A or Win 3.1 or DOS on a 486 machine?

Old July 25th 03, 04:38 AM
Cymbal Man Freq.

Default Canon S600 printer and Win95A or Win 3.1 or DOS on a 486 machine?

I have a Canon S600 printer. I wonder if I can hook this printer up to a PII
computer via the USB port while simultaneously hooking the printer to a DX486
computer. I have three situations here. The 486 computer could be running
Windows 95A. OR, the computer could be running DOS 6.22. Will the LPT1 cable
work on the 486 computer running these OS'es? Do I have to unhook the USB cable
to print with the 486 computer? I bought a USB printer because I am clueless
about LPT1 ports working correctly. My parents have a Canon S600 printer and use
DOS on their 486 computer, so no, Win 95A and DOS are not on the same computer;
but it does bring up the question of whether the Canon S600 can also work on Win
3.1 on a 486 machine. I have a 486 computer with Win 95A on it.

Old July 26th 03, 01:12 PM
Cymbal Man Freq.

Thank you.
I have another question now.
Can a machine running Windows 98 SE or Windows Me:
1) print anything from the DOS window within Windows?
2) print anything if I reboot into DOS mode?