Hard Disk Partitioning

Old July 8th 03, 03:14 PM
Vanguard

Default Hard Disk Partitioning

You missed the key word in the poster's request: FREE. PartitionMagic costs
money. Sorry, I personally don't know of a free disk partitioner and
probably wouldn't use one considering how critical is this component to the
operation of your operating system. Doesn't Windows XP have one? Windows
2000 did (although I didn't like it and I had special needs that mandated
using PartitionMagic).

** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup.
** If present, remove "-NIX" from my email address.

"Amethyst" wrote in message
James Kennedy wrote:
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a free non-destructive hard disk
partitioner for XP??

Thanks,

Jim Kennedy.
-------------------------------
Kernow Bys Vyken
-------------------------------

Yes it's called PM8.01 (www.powerquest.com). I've been using it under XP
since it was released (the PM version, not XP) and I've never had a moment's
trouble with it, nor have I with any of the five previous versions I've
owned.
--
Cassandra
Card carrying member of the Fresh Start Club 'The Undead Are People

Reply address is fake. Please send all praise, abuse, insults, bequests
of £1million to cassandra (at) craigy34 (dot) freeserve (dot) co (dot)
uk. Change the obvious to the obvious.
Private requests for assistance will not be acknowledged. Please post
all correspondence to the group so that all may benefit. Thank you.

Old July 8th 03, 03:29 PM
Amethyst

"Amethyst" wrote in message
James Kennedy wrote:
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of a free non-destructive hard
disk partitioner for XP??

Thanks,

Jim Kennedy.
-------------------------------
Kernow Bys Vyken
-------------------------------

Yes it's called PM8.01 (www.powerquest.com). I've been using it under
XP since it was released (the PM version, not XP) and I've never had
a moment's trouble with it, nor have I with any of the five previous
versions I've owned.

That's what comes of speed reading. In that case, I don't either.

Old July 8th 03, 04:36 PM
Edward

try http://www.ranish.com/part/ it's a little more compilcated than
partition magic but it's free and non destructive.

Old July 8th 03, 04:50 PM
Alien Zord

"Vanguard" wrote in message
You missed the key word in the poster's request: FREE. PartitionMagic

costs
money. Sorry, I personally don't know of a free disk partitioner and
probably wouldn't use one considering how critical is this component

to the
operation of your operating system. Doesn't Windows XP have one?

Windows
2000 did ....

And you missed the keyword "non-destructive".

Hard disk help urgently required plz read .......plz ..... Adrian General 7 July 3rd 03 12:52 PM
SMART Hard Drive Temperatures Silver Blade General 3 July 3rd 03 10:57 AM
New HD in Dell Dimension 4300? Leif K-Brooks General 2 July 3rd 03 05:23 AM
Laptop Hard Disk Andy Foster General 7 June 30th 03 04:23 PM
newb questions about SCSI hard drives fred.do General 7 June 26th 03 01:59 AM