How do i adjust in the bios my g.skill ram?

Old August 7th 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default How do i adjust in the bios my g.skill ram?

I tried to adjust my ram
I got 2x 4gb g.skill f2-6400cl5d
box says the following settings
cl5-5-5-15 1.8v-1.9v
But MSI mthbrd gives me more options than i know what to do with??
Here are the settings and possible options:
memclock 200-300mhz
cas laten 3-6
trans 5-18
trd 3-6
trcd 3-6
trrd 27-5t
trc 11t-25t
cm-addr 1t or 2t
memory hole- enabled- i have read to leave this on to help with vista
system and the ram.

So what am i meant to do with ALL these settings, way more that i need
from the bios?? a bit lost.

Old August 7th 07, 12:59 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

found this, but last line says ram timeings are displayed in the
following way - CAS-tRCD-tRP
So what am i to do with the other ram settings on my motherboard???

CAS Latency
The CAS latency is the delay, in clock cycles, between sending a READ
command and the moment the first pice of data is available on the
outputs.

tWR - Write Recovery Time:
tWR is the number of clock cycles taken between writing data and
issuing the precharge command. tWR is necessary to guarantee that all
data in the write buffer can be safely written to the memory core.

tRAS - Row Active Time:
tRAS is the number of clock cycles taken between a bank active command
and issuing the precharge command.

tRC - Row Cycle Time:
The minimum time interval between successive ACTIVE commands to the
same bank is defined by tRC.
tRC = tRAS + tRP

tRCD - Row Address to Column Address Delay:
tRCD is the number of clock cycles taken between the issuing of the
active command and the read/write command. In this time the internal
row signal settles enough for the charge sensor to amplify it.

tRP - Row Precharge Time:
tRP is the number of clock cycles taken between the issuing of the
precharge command and the active command. In this time the sense amps
charge and the bank is activated.

tRRD - Row Active to Row Active Delay:
The minimum time interval between successive ACTIVE commands to the
different banks is defined by tRRD.

tCCD - Column Address to Column Address Delay

tRD - Active to Read Delay ?:

tWTR - Internal Write to Read Command Delay:
tWTR is the delay that has to be inserted after sending the last data
from a write operation to the memory and issuing a read command.

tRDA - Read Delay Adjust

Memory timings are given as: CAS-tRCD-tRP

Old August 7th 07, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Vanguard[_3_]

wrote in message
oups.com...
I tried to adjust my ram
I got 2x 4gb g.skill f2-6400cl5d
box says the following settings
cl5-5-5-15 1.8v-1.9v
But MSI mthbrd gives me more options than i know what to do with??
Here are the settings and possible options:
memclock 200-300mhz
cas laten 3-6
trans 5-18
trd 3-6
trcd 3-6
trrd 27-5t
trc 11t-25t
cm-addr 1t or 2t
memory hole- enabled- i have read to leave this on to help with vista
system and the ram.

So what am i meant to do with ALL these settings, way more that i need
from the bios?? a bit lost.

Since you never mentioned the intent to overclock which would require an
understand the various memory timings, why not just use the SPD (serial
presence detect) mode which has the settings from the RAM tell the BIOS
what to use?