Do you build on demand or have a stock?

Old August 2nd 03, 04:25 AM
jm

Default Do you build on demand or have a stock?

Do you have an inventory or kinda just wait until somebody asks you for a
PC? It looks like I have to have a little faith if I decide to really
persue building PCs for people and start picking up good buys as the come
along. A lot of good buys in the circulars around here.

I might get burned though if nobody buys them. I guess that's just the way
it is.

Old August 2nd 03, 04:43 AM
ToolPackinMama

jm wrote:

Do you have an inventory or kinda just wait until somebody asks you for a
PC?

I sit down with my customers and we decide together what to order. When
their stuff arrives, I put it together for them, load their OS and other
programs, deliver the thing, set it up, sit them in front of it, answer
their questions, then turn them loose.

No stock, low overhead.

You have to sell the concept of your service, as well as the PC. I
offer "tailor-made" PC systems, and very personal support (home
delivery, house-calls, etc.).

Anybody can buy an off-the-rack PC... *your* customers are special, so
they deserve special treatment.

Nothing can replace the human touch in people's lives. There will
always be a market for the human touch.
Old August 2nd 03, 06:00 PM
ToolPackinMama

jm wrote:

I have been thinking that I should have two duplicate PCs. One for the sell
and immediate replacement parts or to sell quickly.

Oh, I want two just for the heck of it!
Old August 2nd 03, 07:26 PM
jm

"ToolPackinMama" wrote in message
jm wrote:

I have been thinking that I should have two duplicate PCs. One for the

sell
and immediate replacement parts or to sell quickly.

Oh, I want two just for the heck of it!

Not really, just scared. I guess I could tell the buyer up front that if
something is broken they have to wait until I can RMA it back to the
warehouse and then fix there PC, but that doesn't sound like good customer
service.