Proverbial Computer Question

Old June 5th 08, 09:16 AM
Beverly Beverly is offline
Junior Member

Location: there
Send a message via ICQ to Beverly Send a message via Skype™ to Beverly
Default Proverbial Computer Question

Hello guys,

This is my first post as a Howie virgin! Just got that proverbial computer upgrading question here.

I've had a trusty old G4 Mac that sounding rough... it is no speed demon but it works. Running Adobe CS3 etc alright.

This G4 has started to give me those death rattle sounds and REALLY starting to slow down. I figure it is the right time for me to bite the bullet and upgrade to a new machine soon.

My dilemma is what to do with the iMac? I think I have to go with the iMac due to my budget. I REALLY hate that glossy screen Apple went with. Would it work to buy the 20 inch iMac (despite all the monitor issues with it) and buy an addiitonal monitor as the regular screen? The other monitor would be true 24 bit instead of the iMac's 18 bit panel.

The other option I thought of is buying a refurbished 24" matte screen Intel iMac? Do you feel it is fast enough for Adobe CS3 etc? I've been sitting tight and waiting for Apple to release an updated iMac.. it has been a long while for updates to that machine...

I would love a MacPro but it is just not in my budget and probably never will be until the day Apple releases an affordable mini-tower again.

Just torn up about this choice... grrr.

Thanks for all replies!
weight loss product reviews lazer

I'm at the proverbial brick wall with this 'puter! The Seabat Homebuilt PC's 28 June 22nd 06 02:22 PM
Computer Set Up Question Skip Homebuilt PC's 4 March 27th 05 09:42 AM
Computer Set Up Question Skip General 4 March 26th 05 02:59 AM
New Computer Question david Dell Computers 40 October 6th 04 02:45 AM
Old computer question Jim Homebuilt PC's 4 December 16th 03 03:13 PM