ibm tHINKPAD 385 d AND bios ????

Old July 8th 03, 03:57 PM
Karl

Default ibm tHINKPAD 385 d AND bios ????

How do I get to the BIOS at startup? DEL does not work and I tried various F
keys without success so far.

Old July 8th 03, 04:23 PM
Karl

I finally figured out that F1 brings me to BIOS. But changing the Start-up
to start with the CD-ROM which holds the WIN98SE on it, does not get there.
It goes through POST and then stops at a blinking cursor. Nothing else. The
WIN98SE CD does not start up.

Old July 8th 03, 04:35 PM
YK

Karl wrote:
I finally figured out that F1 brings me to BIOS. But changing the
Start-up to start with the CD-ROM which holds the WIN98SE on it, does
not get there. It goes through POST and then stops at a blinking
cursor. Nothing else. The WIN98SE CD does not start up.

I do not believe that the Win98SE CD is bootable. I think that bootable
CDs started with WinME.

Old July 8th 03, 05:01 PM
Karl

It does come to a point before where it asks whether I want to boot from the
Harddrive or CDROM. I select CDROM and then I only get that cursor blinking.
Taking CD out and putting it in again, shows the light that the CD is
initially working, but then the light goes out on the CD drive and Blinking
Cursor only.

"YK" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...

"Karl" wrote in message
How do I get to the BIOS at startup? DEL does not work and I tried
various F keys without success so far.

Intel 875PBZ BIOS freeze Adrian General 4 July 4th 03 04:13 AM
BIOS dead Frank General 1 July 4th 03 01:22 AM
BIOS Freezes Farinata General 1 June 25th 03 05:57 PM
Multiplier question, bios or hardware... ? Bougon General 1 June 24th 03 12:58 AM
bios hung while flashing mdp General 1 June 23rd 03 11:18 AM