logitech MX5500 keyboard/mouse

Old April 16th 10, 06:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des

Default logitech MX5500 keyboard/mouse

Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some time
now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it is this
logitech stuff. The left mouse button doesnt work or has been re-
configured and now the keyboard thinks I am holding down the alt key.
Is there some kind of factory reset.

Desmond.
Old April 16th 10, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GlowingBlueMist[_6_]

On 4/16/2010 12:31 PM, Des wrote:
Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some time
now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it is this
logitech stuff. The left mouse button doesnt work or has been re-
configured and now the keyboard thinks I am holding down the alt key.
Is there some kind of factory reset.

Desmond.

The only "reset" that I am aware of on that model is to remove/replace
the batteries from both devices, but that will not reset any software
that has a wrong setting or is corrupt.

The other thought would be to use the System Restore function and take
your computer back to a date/time prior to the problem starting. That
will fix things if the problem settings are stored in the registry.

If the restore does not help then try booting into the "safe" mode.
That should disable any optional drivers being loaded making the
keyboard and mouse appear as just another routine device. Once in the
safe mode, if your keyboard and mouse act normal then it's time to
remove and re-install the keyboard/mouse software and drivers.
Old April 16th 10, 10:29 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
John Doe

Des wrote:

Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some
time now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it
is this logitech stuff. The left mouse button doesnt work or has
been re- configured and now the keyboard thinks I am holding
down the alt key. Is there some kind of factory reset.

Unless they are both rechargeable, you would try replacing the
batteries. Have you installed the Logitech software? Have you
tried configuring or resetting the software? Have you tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Have you tried
resetting the wireless connection between the PC and the keyboard
& mouse? Have you tried rebooting Windows? Have you tried your
mouse on another computer?
--

Desmond.

Old April 17th 10, 12:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Des

On Apr 16, 10:29*pm, John Doe wrote:
Des wrote:
Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some
time now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it
is this logitech stuff. The left mouse button doesnt work or has
been re- configured and now the keyboard thinks I am holding
down the alt key. Is there some kind of factory reset.

Unless they are both rechargeable, you would try replacing the
batteries. Have you installed the Logitech software? Have you
tried configuring or resetting the software? Have you tried
uninstalling and reinstalling the software? Have you tried
resetting the wireless connection between the PC and the keyboard
& mouse? Have you tried rebooting Windows? Have you tried your
mouse on another computer?
--

Desmond.- Hide quoted text -

Hi guys. I have unpluged this stuff and replaced it with an old
fashoned keyboard/mouse and the pc works fine. There is no way of
getting help from logitecch. Also I have removable hard disc's with
diffrent op's on them. The problem is the same on all. Also no drivers
for Windows 7

Desmond.
Old April 17th 10, 08:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

On 17/04/2010 1:31 AM, Des wrote:
Does anyone have any experiance of this. I have had it for some time
now. I thought my computer was acting up but now I know it is this
logitech stuff. The left mouse button doesnt work or has been re-
configured and now the keyboard thinks I am holding down the alt key.
Is there some kind of factory reset.

Desmond.

Do you have the logitech software installed? Check your mouse button
mapping to make sure it didn't somehow get altered.

Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant. Please
volunteer to be a marrow donor and literally save someone's life:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old April 17th 10, 08:09 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
spodosaurus

On 17/04/2010 7:55 PM, Des wrote:
On Apr 16, 10:29 pm, John wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Ah, okay, should have read this post first. Sounds like a dead mouse.

Old April 25th 10, 11:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Tim Mastrogiacomo

Des wrote:
[...]

How old was the hardware, if you don't mind my asking?

Tim Mastrogiacomo