Explorer won't start from Email message hyperlink

Old November 23rd 05, 03:15 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Explorer won't start from Email message hyperlink

Suddenly my IE won't startup when I hit an icon inside an email
someone sends me. I can't figure out the 'properties' of the email to
figure out the http location.

How do I reset the function that allows a hyper link inside an email
message to automatically startup IE and go to that site?

Thanks

Old November 23rd 05, 10:54 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 03:15:27 GMT, baker1
wrote:

Suddenly my IE won't startup when I hit an icon inside an email
someone sends me. I can't figure out the 'properties' of the email to
figure out the http location.

How do I reset the function that allows a hyper link inside an email
message to automatically startup IE and go to that site?

Thanks

what e-mail client are you using?

rich
Old November 24th 05, 12:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:

Suddenly my IE won't startup when I hit an icon inside an email
someone sends me. I can't figure out the 'properties' of the email to
figure out the http location.

How do I reset the function that allows a hyper link inside an email
message to automatically startup IE and go to that site?

Thanks

what e-mail client are you using?

rich

Outlook 2000. The pointer turns into the hand to indicate a hyperlink,
but nothing happens when I click on it. Thanks
Old November 24th 05, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

did youtry to rightclick and then click on "open in a new window"
or see if the "copy" button is not greyed out
or try holding the ctrl key when you click.

i have not seen the condition you are experiencing.
it could be spyware related that changed your settings somehow.

Old November 24th 05, 02:39 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:49:22 -0500, Jay B wrote:

did youtry to rightclick and then click on "open in a new window"
or see if the "copy" button is not greyed out
or try holding the ctrl key when you click.

i have not seen the condition you are experiencing.
it could be spyware related that changed your settings somehow.

Nope, won't even 'copy'. I can 'view source' but who wants to do that?
It must be a setting or something, I've never been able to do it.

Is there a good Microsoft newsgroup for this question?
Old November 24th 05, 03:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"baker1" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:49:22 -0500, Jay B wrote:

did youtry to rightclick and then click on "open in a new window"
or see if the "copy" button is not greyed out
or try holding the ctrl key when you click.

i have not seen the condition you are experiencing.
it could be spyware related that changed your settings somehow.

Nope, won't even 'copy'. I can 'view source' but who wants to do that?
It must be a setting or something, I've never been able to do it.

Is there a good Microsoft newsgroup for this question?

Sorry. Late to the thread. Have a look at these settings. I'll see if I
can google some more. I've experienced the same problem at work with
Outlook and fixed it, but I can't remember which setting was the culprit.

http://www.rcs.k12.tn.us/rc/departme...look_links.pdf

Stew

Old November 24th 05, 03:25 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"S.Lewis" wrote in message
. ..

From Microsoft:

Stew

Old November 24th 05, 05:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:10:12 -0600, "S.Lewis"
wrote:

Sorry. Late to the thread. Have a look at these settings. I'll see if I
can google some more. I've experienced the same problem at work with
Outlook and fixed it, but I can't remember which setting was the culprit.

http://www.rcs.k12.tn.us/rc/departme...look_links.pdf

Stew

Hey Stew, well, it's working, but it's weird how it happened. I went
to the site you suggested and did the check mark as it says. Now, it
did say Outlook Express and I use Outlook, but mine wasn't checked so
I checked it.

Nothing happened. Then I rebooted the PC, and the next time I tried
it, it opened a window that asked me for the default program. I found
IE and now it works.

It said the IE was not my default brower (even though I checked it 2
minutes earlier).

So, in any event, THANKS MAN.

Happy Gobble Gobble

Old November 24th 05, 01:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

wrote:

Suddenly my IE won't startup when I hit an icon inside an email
someone sends me. I can't figure out the 'properties' of the email to
figure out the http location.

How do I reset the function that allows a hyper link inside an email
message to automatically startup IE and go to that site?

Thanks

what e-mail client are you using?

rich

Outlook 2000. The pointer turns into the hand to indicate a hyperlink,
but nothing happens when I click on it. Thanks

ok...same client that i'm using. take a look at TOOLS:INTERNET
selected for the e-mail program.

happy t-giving.

73,
rich, n9dko