Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!!

Old May 24th 08, 06:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
glora81080

Default Help me….my hard disk is damaged!!!

Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem
that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day,
but while copying a file by nero….the system hanged and I had to restart
it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows
xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during
installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings
and the disk fails to show…and had it checked on another system also…but
bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or
something like that.The disk has important data from my company’s point
of view…..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this
disk!!!!

Old May 24th 08, 04:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Jawade

In article , glora81080
says...

Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem
that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day,
but while copying a file by nero=3F.the system hanged and I had to restart
it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows
xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during
installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings
and the disk fails to show=3Fand had it checked on another system also=3Fbut
bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or
something like that.The disk has important data from my company=3Fs point
of view=3F..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this
disk!!!!

Put the drive as slave in an other pc and copy the important data.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten, Jawade. BackUp-progje weer vernieuwd.
http://jawade.nl/ Met een mirror op http://jawade.fortunecity.com/
Old May 24th 08, 08:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sat, 24 May 2008 17:47:05 +0200, Jawade
wrote:

In article , glora81080
says...

Hi everyone , I am employed as a manager in a firm. I have a problem
that I had like to talk about. My system was working fine the other day,
but while copying a file by nero=3F.the system hanged and I had to restart
it. But I got a disk boot failure error. Then , I tried to run a windows
xp installation CD, but that is also showing some error message during
installation and the installation fails.I did check the bios settings
and the disk fails to show=3Fand had it checked on another system also=3Fbut
bios cannot detect the hard disk.I think the disk is damaged or
something like that.The disk has important data from my company=3Fs point
of view=3F..that I need to recover.
Please let me know if there are any ways to get my data back from this
disk!!!!

Put the drive as slave in an other pc and copy the important data.

Agreed, and if the drive doesn't show up properly in the
other system, run the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics
on it, available from their respective website if you dont'
have it. If all else fails you will need to contact a data
recovery center, hopefully there is a backup of the data so
this isn't necessary.
Old May 26th 08, 08:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
OscartheGrouch

kony wrote:
On Sat, 24 May 2008 17:47:05 +0200, Jawade
wrote:

In article , glora81080
says...
[...]

Before that disconnect any cables connected to hard drive and reconnect.
If no joy procede as above.