Audio CD are ****.

Old September 27th 04, 01:41 AM
terry smith

Default Audio CD are ****.

15 coasters = end of story.

Old September 27th 04, 04:39 AM
Daniel L. Belton

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 01:41:08 +0100, "terry smith"
wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

I have burned hundreds of audio cd's without even one coaster. Seems
there is a problem on your end, not with audio cd's
Old September 27th 04, 09:44 AM
Mike O'Sullivan

terry smith wrote:
15 coasters = end of story.

Using Nero, I've NEVER had a burning failure in two years.
Old September 27th 04, 07:51 PM
Mike Richter

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek it.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 27th 04, 08:05 PM
terry smith

"Mike Richter" wrote in message
terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 27th 04, 08:51 PM
terry smith

terry smith wrote:

15 coasters = end of story.

With that attitude on your part, I'm delighted you reached that
conclusion. OTOH, if you had wanted help in recording audio - which many
of us do without coasters - this would be a good forum in which to seek

it.

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

Allen

Old September 27th 04, 09:56 PM
Hellraiser

Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

No, but do remember to come here and tell us when your hard drive fails and
all 32,000 songs disappear forever.

Hellraiser..........

Old September 28th 04, 12:22 AM
terry smith

"Hellraiser" wrote in message
Sought it, didn't work.
32,000 songs on a hard drive is the way I am going now.
Good luck with your pile of easy scratch coasters.
No more burning issues for me sunshine.
Easier, more convienient and cheaper.
I am going to completely audio cds and I am very happy to do it.
What more can I say? ( I Will tell you later )

Don't bother.

You think I am bothered what you think?

No, but do remember to come here and tell us when your hard drive fails

and
all 32,000 songs disappear forever.

Well I will have them backed up on data cds which would form a pile
3.2 meter high approx, as opposed to your 32 meter audio pile,
a significant space saving. Plus you will have to back up all your
audio cds anyway so I don't see the problem really.
Futhermore I have found hard drives *extemely* reliable which is more than
I can say for cds, which are fairly reliable - as long as you don't use
them :O)
The shelf life of a frequently used cd is pretty poor.
Anyhow the price per gigabyte of harddrives will continue to fall, you can
be
sure of that, only a few years ago a 10gig drive cost £100.
I could probably get *two* 120 gig drives for the price of a recordable
rewriter anyway and I probably paid £80 for my CDRW.

Take a look at the price trends for hard drives and solid state devices
(memory) and it should be fairly clear to you that audio cds will soon
become as obselete as the far more reliable vinyl they made obselete.

And finally I doubt I would need 24,000 songs, I could easilly get by on
2,400 (240 albums) which I could fit on 10 gig harddrive which I could
pick up for about £10.
Your 240 albums in jewel cases will cost you approximately what... £120?
That assumes no coaster of course........

Futhermore....it will take me a few minutes to back up that 10gig drive.
You will probably need several days off work to back up your 240 cdrs.

Anyhow I am convinced it is the way to go, I have a big heavy box of cdrs
1/2 of which probably don't work.I would have more but it is too much
trouble burning them, and then it takes an age to find a particular file.

Harddrives - cheap, quick, convienient, reliable, resistant, easy to store,
easy to locate
and manage tracks, trouble free.
CDRs - none of the above.

You stick with you trunk full of cdrs, I will stick with a couple of tidy
hard drives.

And oh yea, you will need to buy a forklift truck to make you music
collection
truely portable - lol.

Hellraiser..........

Old September 28th 04, 12:54 AM
nospam

"terry smith" wrote:

Well I will have them backed up on data cds which would form a pile
3.2 meter high approx, as opposed to your 32 meter audio pile,
a significant space saving.

You tried burning audio CDs and failed. Your solution to the problem is to
convince yourself that you didn't really want to burn audio CDs anyway and
now insist on convincing everyone else they don't want to either.

We don't care. I know why I want to burn audio CDs and have no problem
creating them, the same as most people here.