Nero still better than Roxio

Old September 2nd 04, 03:37 AM
CygnusX-1

Default Nero still better than Roxio

I recently bought NEC dual layer DVD+/-RW burner. But it comes with
Roxio. Is Nero better than ROxio for DVD/CD creation? Does NEC with
Nero support overburned DVD/CD? TIA

Cygnus
The Bringer of Balance
Old September 2nd 04, 09:00 AM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
Roxio / Adaptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

CygnusX-1 wrote:

I recently bought NEC dual layer DVD+/-RW burner. But it comes with
Roxio.

Does NEC with
Nero support overburned DVD/CD? TIA

Nero will overburn if NEC does.

On the other hand:

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: CD Burning Software recommendations?
Date: 4/7/01

ECDC 5 ... but it enforces standards
and will not...overburn.
-----------------------

Is Nero better than ROxio for DVD/CD creation?

From: smh
Subject: Roxio 6 / DVD Builder can't see my burner
Date: 12/27/03

Whale Skinner wrote:

Download update from Rixio site, may help

Downloaded update from Roxio. It says it installed successfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot. It reboots, it says it installed succussfully,
Click OK to reboot.

Arrrrggghhhhhh

Of course, you made a complete system backup, haven't you? No?

How could you be so careless and thoughtless!

From: smh
Subject: should I download the update
Date: 12/15/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) spewed:

I have received an email from Roxio advising me to download an update
for my Roxio Platinum. Would you advise me to do this.

if you are going to update such software, have a complete
system backup first so you can restore to your current conditions even
if the update fails.

Is a backup essential now even for an update of Easy CD Cremator?

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Why uninstall EZCD 5???
Date: 5/5/01

I consider an image backup essential
before any major software installation

I suspect that those who have trouble are also careless
- perhaps thoughtless - about their use of their computer systems.

Why any competent computer user would fail to 'buy'
such inexpensive insurance is beyond me.

====================
From: "WayneC"
Date: 5/5/01

Yes Mike, I agree, Roxio should post a very BIG warning: Do not
attempt to install ECDC 5 until you have made a full system backup,
removed the backup media and stored it at least 100 yards away from
any ECDC 5 component including the box it came in.

==========================
From: Thomas A. Horsley
Date: 5/6/01

Yes, I imagine that's a habit folks who install Adaptec software
develop quite early in the learning curve

======================
From: "Fishface"
Date: 11/7/02

Is that a representative of Roxio justifying software which
doesn't properly uninstall? Is it so difficult for them to do
that an attempt is made to defend their inability?

Backup? Hell, I'm considering installing it alone on a separate
installation on a separate partition on someone elses computer.
======================

Old September 2nd 04, 11:24 PM
Howard Kaikow

In general, at least in the past, Roxio's DragtoDisk (formerly DirectCD) has
been allegedly much better and more robust that Ahead's InCD.

--
http://www.standards.com/; See Howard Kaikow's web site.
"Edward W. Thompson" wrote in message
On 1 Sep 2004 19:37:46 -0700, (CygnusX-1)
wrote:

I recently bought NEC dual layer DVD+/-RW burner. But it comes with
Roxio. Is Nero better than ROxio for DVD/CD creation? Does NEC with
Nero support overburned DVD/CD? TIA

Cygnus
The Bringer of Balance

No Roxio is not better than Nero, they both do essentially the same
thing. However, you may prefer the user interface of one over the
other.

Old September 2nd 04, 11:30 PM
smh

.. -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
-----------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR
----------------------

Howard Kaikow (w/ Leaky Assholes) splattered:

In general, at least in the past, Roxio's DragtoDisk (formerly DirectCD) has
been allegedly much better and more robust that Ahead's InCD.

Maybe that's why Roxio fired the entire DirectCD team -- as a reward for
making more robust softwa

=======================
From: Adrian Miller (ex-Roxio)
Date: 1/8/02

Roxio also fired
the entire DCD development team.
=======================
Old September 2nd 04, 11:31 PM
smh

.. ---------------------------------
Roxio / Adaptec

Trashy company that picks Trashes
as its beta testers
---------------------------------

Howard Kaikow (w/ Leaky Assholes) splattered:

In general, at least in the past, Roxio's DragtoDisk (formerly DirectCD) has
been allegedly much better and more robust that Ahead's InCD.

Maybe that's why DirectCD was ditched by none other than a Roxio Shill:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, Roxio doesn't need any critics!

-------------------------
Roxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!
-------------------------
Old September 3rd 04, 02:21 PM
doc

Ya know, smh, I've been reading posts in here for years and ALL I see is you
and your ****ed up messages, and ****ed up text about Adrian Millers balls'
and Mike Richter's ability to be honest.

What did these people DO to you PERSONALLY that is SO BAD that you keep
carrying on these bull**** childish games ? Surely after a few years of
posting this crap with EVERY reply, you have to be getting tired of it. I
know I am.

Grow up and give it a rest.

. -------------------------------------------

From: Adrian Miller (ex-Roxio)
Date: 1/8/02

Roxio also fired

Old September 3rd 04, 04:09 PM
news.new

I agreed.
However, ECD/ECM seem to have problem with Chinese file name. Hope they can
fix it soon.

Old September 3rd 04, 11:22 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

doc (Pipsqueak) squeaked:

Ya know, smh, I've been reading posts in here for years

and ALL I see is you
and your ****ed up messages, and ****ed up text about Adrian Millers balls'
and Mike Richter's ability to be honest.

Surely after a few years of
posting this crap with EVERY reply, you have to be getting tired of it. I
know I am.

Then why do you read, stupid ****?
Ever heard of kill file, stupid ****?

Grow up and give it a rest.

Same to you, stupid ****!

=======================================
Mike Richter & Tim Kroesen's Abuse Crap
=======================================

======================
From: Mike Richter (Friggin Scum)
Date: 9/21/01

Gerhard Beulke wrote:

Tim Kroesen ("Net-Kook") says...

snip Abuse Crap

May you please stop posting hundreds (or probably
thousands) of your abuse crap into the NG's!
We know it now and nobody is interested downloading this
rubbish and wasting time and bandwidth.

Unfortunately, newcomers to the newsgroup do not recognize a troll by
its spoor unless someone flags the stench for them. In that sense,
Tim is doing a service.

In addition, repeating the post to the ISP and encouraging others to
do the same may eventually get the troll pulled out from under our
bridge.
Old September 5th 04, 02:08 AM
Richard Loeb

He is an idiot and we all know it - probably dropped on his head early on
Richard

From: Adrian Miller (ex-Roxio)
Date: 1/8/02

Roxio also fired