Old LP records

Old June 29th 04, 01:04 AM
NobodyMan

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:48:57 -0400, "Panos Papadopolous"
wrote:

My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo phonograph to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a cd-r
folder under its own song title , leaving the open space ready to accept
more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot find this
for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

You go to Google and look it up. There are dozens of websites
dedicated to how to do this - some with pictures and diagrams of how
you need to cable your system. Many of the sites have software
suggestions and even links to trial and/or free software to do the
recording.

Old June 30th 04, 08:06 PM
Panos Papadopolous

"Stan Baranowski" wrote in message
The simple solution that I used was to buy
"Sony EZ Audio Restoration Kit" it includes a cable to go between your
preamp and the audio in connection. It has options to remove clicks and
such. I did a whole bunch of all phonograph records and was happy with the
result.
No I do NOT own stock in Sony.

"Panos Papadopolous" wrote in message
My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo phonograph

to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a cd-r
folder under its own song title , leaving the open space ready to

accept
more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot find

this
for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable

persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

Hi Stan, and thanks for reply.

How much did Sony Easy Audio Restoration Kit cost? Where did you buy it?

Old July 1st 04, 06:43 AM
Graham Mayor

If you see the link I posted earlier, you will be able to extract the files
you want from your LPs without cost. Where you go from there will be
governed by expectations. Whatever you remove from the file will also take
some of the music with it. You cannot put back what wasn't there in the
first place. If you don't wish to use a sophisticated and expensive audio
editor, then you may find that yhour writing software (Nero certainly)
provides sufficient editing tools to remove the worst of the pops and
clicks.

--

Graham Mayor

Panos Papadopolous wrote:
Thanks for reply, Buzz.

I believe Adobe took over Cool Edit and will sell me new Adobe
program for $299.

That is too many $$$$$ for me.

"Buzz" wrote in message
"Panos Papadopolous" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo
phonograph to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a
cd-r folder under its own song title , leaving the open space
ready to accept more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot
find this for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable
persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

Have a look here :
http://www.a-reny.com/iexplorer/restauration.html

Where to find Cool Edit.
How to LP= CDR
Links to similar web pages
Links to other software web pages.

--
Allen Reny
http://www.a-reny.com

Old July 1st 04, 03:11 PM
Stan Baranowski

Full name
Sony EZ Audio Transfer & Restoration Kit (EZAUDIO) for PC cost apx. $32.00
A lot of places sell it. Just put EZAudio in a search engine and you will
get refered to sellers. Good Luck!!