Old LP records

Old June 27th 04, 07:48 PM
Panos Papadopolous

Default Old LP records

My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo phonograph to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a cd-r
folder under its own song title , leaving the open space ready to accept
more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot find this
for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

Old June 27th 04, 08:27 PM
SleeperMan

Panos Papadopolous typed:

My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo
phonograph to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a
cd-r folder under its own song title , leaving the open space ready
to accept more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot find
this for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable
persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

This was posted a lot before...
You connect 'line out' of your Amplifier to 'line in' on your PC. Then you
listen songs from your amp on your PC. Cool Edit 2000 is no longer made,
while Cool Edit Pro is now called Adobe Audition. It's perfect for this. But
others can do it either, liek CDEx etc...You record songs, save them in any
format (best wav), then with Nero make Audio CD. BUT, you can't add songs
later, you must make whole CD at once. None of CD players won't recognize
multisession CD, or at least they will play only first session. You can
however convert to mp3, if you like.

Old June 28th 04, 11:08 AM
George Moon

I use software called "Wave Repair". It was made for converting records to
CD. Works very well.

Old June 28th 04, 12:35 PM
jean.paulo

Yes Cooledit can do it very well and much more. You can get it on line at :

http://www.syntrillium.com which is the maker.

Note that to play a LP, you usually need a PREAMPLIFIER which is
normally included into a stereo player. The level from a phono cell is too
low and need a specific correction that does not exist on a MIKE input.

Then you connect the line output of your player
(or the HP output, but this is not so good) to the LINE input of your
sound card (or your mainboard)

Cooldedit can record the sound into Wav, filter the noise and the clicks,
and even create mp3 from it.

You can then burn the wav on a cd, or create a CD Audio or even a DVD
using your Burneing tool.

--
Jean.paulo

Old June 28th 04, 02:38 PM
Don@NoSpam

Panos Papadopolous wrote:

My system is XPPro. Have a 40gig hard drive with partitions C and D.

How do I use my old stereo receiver/amplifier and old stereo phonograph to:

1. Play an old LP record

2. Feed it into the proper Input on my PCI Sound card

3. Use my Nero burning software to burn the record tracks to a cd-r
folder under its own song title, leaving the open space ready to accept
more records until almost full?

Someone once suggested the software "CoolEdit 2000" but I cannot find this
for sale anywhere.

Will appreciate any comments and/or suggestions from knowledgeable persons.

Does anyone know where to get it, or to suggest an alternate

I've used WaveRepair for years and like it very much for the purpose you are speaking of. It can do most basic things except for things such as change tones, etc. Any of them are complex for a beginnner, primarily because of the new terminology you'll encounter. I recently tried to copy a cassette and failed because I'd forgotten one detail: "D-click on the SysTray speaker and select Options, Properties, Recording."

CoolEdit: http://www.adobe.com/special/product...ntrillium.html

WaveRepair: http://www.delback.co.uk/wavrep/
Username munged by FixNews

Old June 28th 04, 03:29 PM
Panos Papadopolous

Thanks to all who offered comments and solutions for my problem.

List includes "SleeperMan", "Graham Mayor", "George Moon", " jean paolo",
"don @ nospam".

Panos Papadopolous typed:

Old June 28th 04, 05:19 PM
Stan Baranowski

The simple solution that I used was to buy
"Sony EZ Audio Restoration Kit" it includes a cable to go between your
preamp and the audio in connection. It has options to remove clicks and
such. I did a whole bunch of all phonograph records and was happy with the
result.
No I do NOT own stock in Sony.

Old June 28th 04, 07:11 PM
SleeperMan

anytime

¾

Panos Papadopolous typed:

Thanks to all who offered comments and solutions for my problem.

List includes "SleeperMan", "Graham Mayor", "George Moon", " jean
paolo", "don @ nospam".