roxio easy creator 6 questions

Old February 11th 04, 01:23 AM
bifocals

Default roxio easy creator 6 questions

have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

---

Old February 11th 04, 05:21 AM
Mike Richter

bifocals wrote:
have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

I've not run 6, but probably will succumb to 7 which is due shortly. My
understanding is that if you don't uninstall 5, installing 6 will do it
for you. As for DCD, once again they have changed the name to protect
the ... well, you decide. G I believe it is now Drag-n-Drop or some such.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old February 11th 04, 06:25 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes!!! )

bifocals wrote:

have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

If you decide to install Easy CD Cremator 6, don't be careless and
thoughtless. A complete system backup is essential even for upgrading
Easy Coaster Creator.

From: smh
Subject: should I download the update
Date: 12/15/03

Mike Richter (Slimy Scum) spewed:

I have received an email from Roxio advising me to download an update
for my Roxio Platinum. Would you advise me to do this.

if you are going to update such software, have a complete
system backup first so you can restore to your current conditions even
if the update fails.

Is a backup essential now even for an update of Easy CD Cremator?

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Why uninstall EZCD 5???
Date: 5/5/01

I consider an image backup essential
before any major software installation

I suspect that those who have trouble are also careless
- perhaps thoughtless - about their use of their computer systems.

Why any competent computer user would fail to 'buy'
such inexpensive insurance is beyond me.

====================
From: "WayneC"
Date: 5/5/01

Yes Mike, I agree, Roxio should post a very BIG warning: Do not
attempt to install ECDC 5 until you have made a full system backup,
removed the backup media and stored it at least 100 yards away from
any ECDC 5 component including the box it came in.

==========================
From: Thomas A. Horsley
Date: 5/6/01

Yes, I imagine that's a habit folks who install Adaptec software
develop quite early in the learning curve

======================
From: "Fishface"
Date: 11/7/02

Is that a representative of Roxio justifying software which
doesn't properly uninstall? Is it so difficult for them to do
that an attempt is made to defend their inability?

Backup? Hell, I'm considering installing it alone on a separate
installation on a separate partition on someone elses computer.
======================
Old February 11th 04, 06:36 AM
smh

bifocals wrote:

have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

cRoxio should have:

===============================
From: "BrianT"
Subject: Loosing Disk Space {formatting CDRW}
Date: 5/8/03

Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill) spewed:

BrianT wrote:

When I re-format a CDRW with Drag to Disk Full Format {EasyCD
6}, the space available after format drops by between 150 and
200 Mgs and I cannot get it back. A full format on a new CDRW
is OK. This never happened with EasyCD 5.

The space you are losing is due to sectors found to be unreliable.
It's a good sign that the disc is developing errors and is ready
for the trash. You'll also find that formatting gets slower; it
takes time to retry verification and to mark the bad sectors.

If you insist on using fixed-length packets, you ask for that
as well as losing data.

Mmm, but if I format a brand new CDRW I get the full monty then if I
immediately re-format, quick or full, I loose 150Mg. Surly CDRW's
don't develop errors after 5 minutes?

Also from your statement

"If you insist on using fixed-length packets,
you ask for that as well as losing data"

are you suggesting that the Drag and Drop part of Easy CD is
unreliable and should not be used ?

If so why does Easy Cd 6 have this software and say how easy it is
to use. Now I am very puzzled.
===============================

[So, why does Ezcd 6 have DirectCD (Drag-to-Disc), Mikey?]

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old February 11th 04, 10:36 AM
smh

bifocals wrote:

have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

You shouldn't be messing with DirectCD (Drag-to-Disc). Why, even none
other than a cRoxio Shill rejected it:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,
have had no problems due to the software -
but too many due to the format itself

to bother with it any longer.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

--------------------------
cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
--------------------------
Old February 12th 04, 02:38 PM
Dave

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 17:23:32 -0800, "bifocals"
wrote:

have basic ver 5 on pc. a new dvd came with roxio easy creator 6[guess it
is basic ver.]. do I install ver 6 and it takes care of ver 5.? or do you
uninstall ver 5 first then install ver 6.
question 2. ver 5 has directcd to make super floppy disks. the listing of
ver 6 does not show any directcd. did they drop that program?

I uninstalled Ver. 5 and then installed Ver. 6, including Drag-to-Disk
with no problems. Drag-to-Disk replaced DirectCD.

Dave

Problems with Roxio Easy CD and DVD Creator 6.0 John Doe Cdr 2 December 13th 03 02:00 AM
ROXIO problems Paul Cdr 5 August 1st 03 06:08 PM
DVD-RW: How to reformat using Roxio Easy CD DVD? Terry Cdr 0 July 22nd 03 03:19 PM
I want to use Nero, not Roxio Greg Bailey Cdr 0 July 16th 03 03:05 PM
Roxio EasyWiriteReader and Win98 Howard Kaikow Cdr 4 June 24th 03 06:42 AM