NeroVision Express is a SCAM!!!

Old January 18th 04, 06:46 PM
ñKs

if it was compliant it would burn properly.

"Mohammed Al Sulfair" wrote in message
om...
Mike Richter wrote in message

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

How do you know my AVI is not compliant? What is "not compliant" AVI?

Mohammed Al Sulfair

Old January 18th 04, 07:13 PM
Graham Mayor

Nero is fussy about the format of AVI files, and there are several different
formats - http://home.eunet.no/~pereivin/codec.htm - you might do well
investigating TMPGenc which will produce compliant AVI formats that will not
cause Nero to throw up. http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html

--

Graham Mayor

Old January 18th 04, 07:26 PM
Erika

I buy NeroVision Express 2.
I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file.
NeroVision Express 2 always say in error message:

"Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed"

I try to contact Nero tech support but no answer.

Don't buy Nero software. It is ****.

Mohammed Al Sulfair

I think you might be over-reacting a little bit. How about you give us some
more info on your AVI, such as codec, frame rate, resolution, etc, and maybe
someone can help you.

Have you tried encoding the file with TMPGenc or any other software?

Old January 18th 04, 07:50 PM
Silence Seeker

Mike Richter wrote in message ...
The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

Mike, it seems that you know the solution to the problem. I happen to
have the same (?) problem. I searched the newsgroups and found a few
references to the same problem (at least the same error message), but
no solution was proposed by anyone.

Here is the URL of a recent posting: http://tinyurl.com/3gcqv

I am using Studio DV 1.2.6.0 (from Pinnacle Systems) to make my AVI.
Ordinarily I either record my edited movie back to my mini-DV
camcorder or make an mpg movie for the web. But this time I want to
make an SVCD or mini-DVD with chapter marks (points), so that I can
quickly and conveniently skip from one point to another.

These are home made videos from my guitar classes and this feature of
chapter points is very important to me. So, I purchased NeroVision
Express and all goes well when loading, playing and placing the
various chapter marks (with the same source AVI file!), but when it
gets to the burning stage, it fails after about 16 seconds with the
infamous error message that the original poster quoted:

-------- START QUOTE ----------
Unable to prepare data for recording: Prepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed
-------- END QUOTE ----------

I would appreciate it if you could walk me through the steps necessary
to troubleshoot this problem. I am pretty confident in NeroVision's
ability to give me what I need, since I have been a long time
satisfied user of Nero Burning ROM.

How can I find what codec, frame rate, and other paramters necessary
to troubleshoot the problem, my AVI is using? I tried to follow the
advice on http://home.eunet.no/~pereivin/codec.htm, but when I
right-click the file I get nothing that can provide me the
aforementioned details. I am using Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks,
Sam
Old January 18th 04, 08:53 PM
Mike Richter

Silence Seeker wrote:
Mike Richter wrote in message ...

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

Mike, it seems that you know the solution to the problem. I happen to
have the same (?) problem. I searched the newsgroups and found a few
references to the same problem (at least the same error message), but
no solution was proposed by anyone.

I've made only a few VCDs and have not yet used my DVD recorder for
video. What I've learned is that most software is choosy about needing
whitebook format and that you are better off either encoding first to
MPEG with a good compressor or ensuring that your AVI is compliant.

As Graham said, one good choice is TMPGEnc. If you find audio/video sync
problems even then, you have a problem. The best MPEG1 encoder I've
found is the now-defunct Xing - bought and abandoned by RealNetworks.
Another choice is the Panasonic, but I have had inconsistent results
with it.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old January 18th 04, 08:56 PM
Mike Richter

Mohammed Al Sulfair wrote:
Mike Richter wrote in message ...

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the software
is broken.

How do you know my AVI is not compliant? What is "not compliant" AVI?

Second question first: there is a spec for the VCD format published in
the "white book". That dictates the parameters for the file if it is to
be played as a VCD of a chosen form. If any of those parameters, such as
frame rate, is not correct, it must be made correct - compliant.

What I know is what you told me: Nero rejects the AVI as non-compliant.
I don't run Nero, so I don't know whether it is telling the truth, but I
have no reason to believe that the program is prevaricating.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old January 18th 04, 11:12 PM
Deco_time

Mike Richter wrote:

The fact that your AVI is not compliant does not mean that the
software is broken.

Mike

Compliant? To what? AVI is just a wrapper, like Apple Quicktime mov file;
Any number of codec can be used to form and compress an AVI file. If Nero
require specifics, it should release a complete data sheet of their
requirements with the software; if they don't, then I'm inclined to think
that their software is "broken".

Old January 19th 04, 12:01 AM
Mohammed Al Sulfair

Mike Richter wrote in message ...
Second question first: there is a spec for the VCD format published in
the "white book". That dictates the parameters for the file if it is to
be played as a VCD of a chosen form. If any of those parameters, such as
frame rate, is not correct, it must be made correct - compliant.

I say in my first post: I try to burn mini-DVD from .avi file. I don't
try to burn VCD. You don't know to read english???

What I know is what you told me: Nero rejects the AVI as non-compliant.
I don't run Nero, so I don't know whether it is telling the truth, but I
have no reason to believe that the program is prevaricating.

I did not tell you "Nero rejects the AVI as non-compliant". I tell
you: "Unable to prepare data for recording: PRepare session failed:
Transcoding of videos failed".

I see you are not like the racist idiots from australia that think all
muslims can bomb planes. But you don't read what I say and you don't
know nothing about Nero or mini-DVD, but you still write to give me
false hope.

So are you idiot or not?
Old January 19th 04, 12:25 AM
Charles Tomaras

"tom" wrote in message
om.au...
Yeah shouldn't he be out bombing something?

Muhammed is the most popular name in the world. It's appalling that you are
childish enough to make comments like that based on someone's name. You are
probably one of those intelligent Bush supporters.

"What The!" wrote in message
"Mohammed Al Sulfair" said :

need i say more.

PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
PCI Express and AMDs - from PC stats [email protected] General 0 September 9th 04 03:34 PM
$1000 to spend on a new computer Azaran2003 General 13 August 29th 04 01:07 AM
PCI Express motherboards, how soon? Mike Harrison Homebuilt PC's 0 April 21st 04 08:14 PM
nero would only start in nero express... mark24951 Cdr 1 July 29th 03 04:45 AM