Will Nero6 fix this Nero5 annoyance?

Old January 5th 04, 02:25 PM
dgk

Default Will Nero6 fix this Nero5 annoyance?

Every time I want to burn a DAO disc in Nero5, with no gaps. I have to
highlight all the tracks except the first, choose properties, and set
the pause to 0. That is annoying and I want it to be the default. If
anyone knows a setting in 5 to fix this, please let me know.

Otherwise, is this available in 6? It's worth upgrading just for that,
at least for me. Thanks.
Old January 5th 04, 02:41 PM
Graham Mayor

Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm
--

Graham Mayor

Old January 5th 04, 08:58 PM
Anton Gysen

Graham Mayor wrote:
Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Er... I think what the OP wants is to make MP3 compilations, etc.
Don't get me wrong, EAC is an excellent program but all it can do is rip
CDs and burn images.

This "bug" as you describe (I'd call it more like a feature, seeing as
you can't change the gap of the first track) doesn't disappear in Nero
6, I wish it would.

Anton

Old January 5th 04, 09:17 PM
dgk

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:41:14 -0000, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Not a bad idea but I tried that once. The problem with EAC was that
drag and drop acted funny. That is, the order of the tracks changed,
something like the first track became the next to last. I looked into
it and it isn't EAC, it was a Windows thing. I wrote a simple program
in Visual Basic and did a drag/drop and it got the order wrong also.
Other folks using drag and drop must be correcting it on their own.

But I will read the tutorial and try it again. Thanks.
Old January 5th 04, 09:20 PM
dgk

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 20:58:50 +0000, Anton Gysen
wrote:

Graham Mayor wrote:
Save your money! Download a copy of Exact Audio Copy -
www.exactaudiocopy.de - You can choose not to have the 2 second pre-gap and
it will remember that setting. You also have much more control over your
audio disc preparation.
There's a tutorial to enable you to get the best from this product at
http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac11.htm

Er... I think what the OP wants is to make MP3 compilations, etc.
Don't get me wrong, EAC is an excellent program but all it can do is rip
CDs and burn images.

This "bug" as you describe (I'd call it more like a feature, seeing as
you can't change the gap of the first track) doesn't disappear in Nero
6, I wish it would.

Anton

No, it was just for WAV files. I think you can't change the first
track because the pause is required by the red/yellow/green/whatever
specs. I wrote to Ahead about three years ago asking for this as an
option. I can't be the only one. They must just be stupid. I mean, it
would just involve storing one more setting and looking at it during
the drop operation and making that the default.
Old January 5th 04, 10:23 PM
XPG

Not a bad idea but I tried that once.

Have you tried Feurio?
The MP3 decoder is faster and better. It will detect corrupt MP3 files,
unlike Nero.
It's just much more serious than Nero.

See if your drive is supported:
http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml
The demo version has no limitation.

Old January 5th 04, 10:49 PM
Bill

I downloaded Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition a few weeks back, to try out its video
capabilities. I also tried the audio burning, and was very disappointed to
discover that you could not permanently set the pause of each track to 0
permanently. I also had trouble with Nero cutting out a final split second
at the end of audio files that had no silence at the close. Their website
recommended disabling the "remove silence at the end of audio files" option
to remedy this. I tried, and still got the same results.

For audio, my favorite at this point is the RecordNow software that came
with my new Sony DVD-RW drive. It's an updated version of the CD Extreme
software that came with my Sony CD-RW drive, purchased a couple of years
back. Unlike Nero, it allows you to permanently adjust the pause of each
track (except for the first, where the two seconds is required to meet
redbook standards)--and, unlike my experience with Nero, it doesn't truncate
audio files that have no silence at the end. The software can be purchased
separately, $39.95 for an electronic download, from:

http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax/index.phtml?stp

Old January 5th 04, 11:05 PM
XPG

permanently. I also had trouble with Nero cutting out a final split second
at the end of audio files that had no silence at the close

Nero does that since version 5 at least.

Their website
recommended disabling the "remove silence at the end of audio files"

option
to remedy this. I tried, and still got the same results.

That option is useless.
It does nothing. It's only there to impress ?

audio files that have no silence at the end. The software can be

purchased
separately, $39.95 for an electronic download, from:

See Feurio also.
It's better and cheaper (and the demo version is free).

Old January 5th 04, 11:35 PM
Bill

"XPG" wrote in message

permanently. I also had trouble with Nero cutting out a final split

second
at the end of audio files that had no silence at the close

Nero does that since version 5 at least.

Thank you for confirming that I'm not the only one who has experienced this
problem--in online user reviews that I've read about the software, I've seen
no other mention of it. I shook my head in disbelief upon discovering this
anomaly--it's just one of the reasons that I opted not to purchase Nero
Ultra Edition.

Old January 6th 04, 07:59 AM
Graham Mayor

You underestimate the abilities of EAC. It is capable of burning
compilations from mp3, it can provide normalization, it will work with cue
sheets. In fact it will do anything that you can do with audio and writer.
In addition it has the finest ripping performance available - bar none!
Don't dismiss it as a simple ripper. It is arguably the best audio tool
available. And it is postcardware, so that means all the writer wants for
his efforts is a postcard.

--

Graham Mayor