Newbie VCD Question! Help!

Old January 2nd 04, 06:50 AM
LADYAUSSIEFAN

John, I didn't know what to put in the encoder line since I don't have cinema
craft or tmp so I put in the nero dvd mpeg2 plugin but I don't think it worked
since the log has stopped! The log says:
WNASPI32.DLL 0.0.0.0
- 1/2/2004 1:29:43 AM
- AVI to SVCD Conversion
- AVI2SVCD ver. 1.2.1 build 3
Initializing
- C:\Documents and Settings\Candy\My Documents\My
Music\Gothika.(APX).DivX.TS.DaDuck\Gothika.(APX).D ivX.TS.DaDuck.avi
Initializing finished.

- 1/2/2004 1:29:46 AM
- Free on drive C: 29911.02 mb
- AUDIO Extraction
Audio extraction finished.

- 1/2/2004 1:31:11 AM
- Free on drive C: 29823.80 mb
- AUDIO conversion
- 1/2/2004 1:31:13 AM
- Free on drive C: 29823.79 mb
- AUDIO conversion

Converting MP2 to WAV. Filename: C:\Program
Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
Executing MADPlay (mp2 to wav). Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\MADPlay\madplay.exe" --quiet
--output=wave:"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav"
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa"
Conversion (mp2 to wav) of C:\Program
Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa finished.

Encoding Audio. Filename: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
Executing BeSweet. Commandline:
"C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\BeSweet\BeSweet.exe" -core( -input "C:\Program
Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp2.wav" -output
"C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.mp 2" -logfile
"C:\PROGRA~1\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Encoded_audio_1.lo g" ) -ota( -g max ) -shibatch(
--rate 44100 ) -2lame( -e -b 192 -m s )
Audio conversion of C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\Movie\Extracted_audio_1.mpa
finished.

Audio conversion finished.

- 1/2/2004 1:40:19 AM
- Free on drive C: 28743.82 mb
- Converting Pictures
Converting: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\DefaultTitlepicture.bmp
Converting: C:\Program Files\DVD2SVCD\DefaultChangeCD.bmp
Finished converting pictures
- 1/2/2004 1:40:30 AM
- Free on drive C: 28742.92 mb
- Video Encoding using Cinema Craft
Read beyond end of file The operation completed successfully

Should I have put in my divx codec in that encoder line? Maybe I should have
download that tmp thing. I'm eager to get this thing working.

Candy
Old January 2nd 04, 10:16 AM

On 02 Jan 2004 06:50:30 GMT, ojunk
(LADYAUSSIEFAN) wrote:

D/L Tmpg enc.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

Dont use the NERO one.
Old January 2nd 04, 01:01 PM
LADYAUSSIEFAN

It converts it to mpeg and
then splits it to fit on CDRs and then even outputs cue/bins ready to
to burn as well as keeps the mpeg files.

ok it split it but how do I burn the bin and cue files?

Candy
For Lambert Fans or VC fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Offici...artwright/join
Old January 2nd 04, 01:29 PM
LADYAUSSIEFAN

I'm disappointed with dvd2svcd conversation because it made an mpeg file that
windvd cannot play but only real one player. The audio tracks are seperate and
don't even play with the mpeg itself. I'm totally confused by this and it was
much easier doing this in Nero ultra. I don't even know how to burn the two bin
files of the movie or the cue files.

Candy

Old January 2nd 04, 02:11 PM

On 02 Jan 2004 13:29:59 GMT, ojunk
(LADYAUSSIEFAN) wrote:

I'm disappointed with dvd2svcd conversation because it made an mpeg file that
windvd cannot play but only real one player. The audio tracks are seperate and
don't even play with the mpeg itself. I'm totally confused by this and it was
much easier doing this in Nero ultra. I don't even know how to burn the two bin
files of the movie or the cue files.

cue /bins are easy.

You just load the cue and it burns.
Under File/OPen a dialog box opens up and then choose file type - a
list drops down and you see CUE -IMAGE etc.

Choose that and you see your cue listed in the above box. Click on the
cue and it set to go.

In fact just associate CUE files with NERO and you just click on a CUE
file with file manager and a NERO will pop open and be ready to go.

Something is wrong if the sound and video is separate, Sure it does
separate them since the sound has to be prepared and video for SVCD
compatiblity.

After that it COMBINES them again as regular MPEG2 files.
In the directory you chose to dump all that in - MAKE DIRECTORY just
for that junk and then point the prog to it.

Under MISC tab - DEFAULT OUTPUT FOLDER point it to the director you
created - like VIDEO TEMP or VIDEO files, And after you are done wipe
it clean , delete all after moving only the cue/bins or mpg to another
folder, It gets all messed up if you leave old stuff and then rip
something else too.

Youlll see tons of junks files in there - inclluding the separate
files dv and sound but youll see plain old MPG files - one for each
BIN/CUE set that has sound and pics.

The mpgs are Mpeg2s so unless you have the right codecs they might not
play. They should play with any standard player.

Theres a LOT of weirdness hassles with video files - codecs not
installed, codec conflicts, software not working with various formats
etc etc. Thats what I hate about video.

Old January 2nd 04, 02:43 PM
LADYAUSSIEFAN

cue /bins are easy.

You just load the cue and it burns.
Under File/OPen a dialog box opens up and then choose file type - a
list drops down and you see CUE -IMAGE etc.

John, I did the cue burn and you were right it was incredibly easy! I set it to
burn at 12x speed and it with the avi burn way it took over an hour but with
the cue burn it took minutes! The only thing is...How come there are no
letterbox black bars on both svcd cdr's??? I compared my first two cdr's of the
movie and they were converted from the avi with the divx codec. It has the
letterbox bars on it. The new cue image burn is FULL SCREEN but appears to show
the same amount as the letterbox but I'm not sure. Am I seeing the full image?
How do I get dvd2svcd using tmp encode to be letterboxed or should I not
bother? I'm very pleased with the cue image svcd's and the quality is better
than the avi burn.

Old January 2nd 04, 02:51 PM
LADYAUSSIEFAN

About the letterbox, I see now where it says aspect ratio, it says no borders
encoded at 4:3
Than the second option is 16:9 encoded at 4:3, should I use that to get the
letterbox affect? I do not have a tv that is anamorphic or supports the 16:9
size, it's just regular standard 4:3 I believe. If I encode with the SECOND
Aspect ratio option will the picture be all stretched and wierd?

Candy