Plextor does NOT support their drives under Server 2003 ?????

Old September 23rd 03, 07:30 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's

(Plextor says 12x10x32 is compatible with Win 95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0.)

Care to show the url where Plextor explicitly stated that, Lying Scum?

(Does Plextor also say compatibility with future Windows, too?)

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer

Why didn't you alert Acraptec about the aspi problems on Win2k, Mikey?

And why didn't you participate in this thread, and spew your wise words,
Mikey?

From: smh
Subject: Adaptec ASPI v.4.70 for Win2k and XP?
Date: 2/16/02

Anyone tried these out yet?

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...l?cat=/Product

/ASPI-4.70&filekey=aspi_v470.exe

ASPI drivers version 4.70 for Windows 98, NT 4, Me, 2000 and XP.

Acraptec must not have consulted Mike Richter about aspi on Win 2K:
snip
Old September 23rd 03, 09:15 AM
Doggly Vasterell

"smh" wrote in message
. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

IIII wrote:
Ok, we upgraded our server with WinServer 2003, and now the damn
Plextor we use to back up files takes forever to see a disc in the
drive. It spins and spins, and after anywhere from 1-7 mins, all is
fine. This may be a bug in 2003, as it never happened in NT4.

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's

(Plextor says 12x10x32 is compatible with Win 95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0.)

Care to show the url where Plextor explicitly stated that, Lying Scum?
Does Plextor also say compatibility with future Windows, too?

Assuming Plextor indeed stated compatibility with all Windows, does that
justify your piping in?

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system

Yet another "Mikey did it", Mikey?

There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
--------------------------------------

From: smh
Date: 12/1/02

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer ...

Install ASPI on Win 2K, Richter?

---------------------
From: Mike Richter
Subject: still need to know about aspi layer pleez, no smh
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
---------------------

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!

----------------------------

Say what you will about smh's obsession with running MR to ground, he DOES
have a point to make about Richter's continuing untruths...

Doggly

Old September 23rd 03, 08:12 PM
smh

Doggly Vasterell wrote:

Say what you will about smh's obsession with running MR to ground, he DOES
have a point to make about Richter's continuing untruths...

Remember this?

======================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)
Date: 9/4/03

---------------------------------------
"Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)"
---------------------------------------

Is this true? If so, these are pretty strong claims to make.
Why has Mike Richter not offered rebuttals?

No, it is not true that I am a liar. It is true that a particular
troll, whose egesta I do not consume, misquotes me and misrepresents
me.
======================

So far Mikey failed to provide Timmy Kroesen ("net-Trash") with examples
of the supposed misquotes. This is very puzzling as such examples would
surely enable Timmy to prove at least one of the following is a libel.

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 23 -- 45)

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Old September 24th 03, 02:59 PM
GlassVial

Doesn't completely exonerate their rudeness the first time around, but
I guess you could chalk it up to a tech in the regard of "I was just
doing my job" and leave it at that. If he's trained to say they don't
support 2k3 then I guess that's what they have to say (at least for
now)

Good tip on the Alcohol 120

As far as 'not using it on anything but 2k3' at the moment they
probably want to regression test it more on other OS's before they do
a general public release.

Well I'm glad you tracked down the problem, and that it was a Plextor
problem and not an MS problem, because if it were we'd never see the
solution, ever!! :-D

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:41:15 -0400, IIII wrote:

Today at work, I got a call from Plextor..here's what happened:

1st off, the guy said he wasn't supposed to do this (??)
but he had a firmware upgrade that is "..just past beta.."
that "..should.." solve the problem. He emailed it right
off. I told him, that's nice, but I'm not flashing anything
that I can't ID as coming from Plextor..ya never know..

He then rattled off the serial ##s of the drives we had reg'ed
with them, so it was ok..either he was with Plextor, or a good fake.

I flashed the drive... no more problems... CDRW reads a blank
in under 3 seconds...in fact, even faster then before..

He also asked if we used Alcohol 120..I said yes..he said
"..MAKE SURE U USE THE WIN ASPI, NOT THEIRS.."

Also, don't flash any drive not using 2003, as he can't
be held for any other problems, although there should
not be any. He also said he's email me the final flash
.exe file when it's ready to be released. Nice guy..

He then went on about troubles with tech support, that they will
be supporting 2003 (in time) and that 90% of what is being shipped
today "..should.." work with 2003. He then asked me NOT to
give the file out to anyone..as it still isn't good on all drives..

I told him, ok, he gave me his ext#, and said keep in touch..but
if caught or captured, he will deny any knowledge of this action..

All I can do now is just a public "..I'm sorry.." to Plextor, and
a tip of the hat to this unknown masked man. It's folks like
him who go above and beyond the call of duty to help out.

I'm still not happy with the folks I talked to before, but
I (even then) know it's hard to get good tech support.

..and I'm happy with Plextor's hidden warriors....

IIII

-GV