Plextor does NOT support their drives under Server 2003 ?????

Old September 22nd 03, 09:02 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

Got no time to respond to this, Timmy?
Feeling no pain, Timmy?

=======================
From: Mike DHaire
Subject: Easy CD Creator's Timestamp Problem on Windows 2000/XP
Date: 3/29/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

I'd assume other issues take precedence;
not much of a bug IMO anyway...

How 'bout I nab your penis and smash it with a hammer, mother****er!
LOL !!! LOL !!! LOL !!!
=======================

ROTFL !!! ROTFL !!! ROTFL !!!

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's

(Plextor says 12x10x32 is compatible with Win 95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0.)

Care to show the url where Plextor explicitly stated that, Lying Scum?
Does Plextor also say compatibility with future Windows, too?

Assuming Plextor indeed stated compatibility with all Windows, does
that justify your piping in?

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system

Yet another "Mikey did it", Mikey?

There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)
=======================================

Unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: still need to know about aspi layer pleez, no smh
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
=====================

Recommend install aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 11/30/02

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer
=====================

Back to problems/unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 4 and Win2K
Date: 8/23/03

You may also have chunks of an ASPI layer installed,
which alone is enough to create problems galore
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

Old September 22nd 03, 09:17 PM
Rick Pali

"IIII" wrote:

No where did I see 2003 mentioned.

And I doubt you will until 2003 is available to the general public. I could
be wrong but I don't believe that's the cause at this point.

Do me a favor...killfile me. Or don't bother
replying to anything I post. I never took interest
in what has been posted about you, nor do I care,
but I do know I can do without your 'knowledge'...

LOL, you claimed not to be rude but it looks like you delivered after all.

Rick.
-+---

http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

Old September 22nd 03, 09:31 PM
Rick Pali

"IIII" wrote:

Asking to be killfiled isn't rude, is it?

It's that whole thing about honey and vinegar.

Besides, why not killfile him? Isn't that much simpler?

Rick.
-+---

http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

Old September 22nd 03, 10:05 PM
mark24951

IIII wrote:
GAWDESS, folks, don't get me involved in this crap..

I asked a simple ???

I got a foolish answer..

I got a good answer..

and it seems WW3 started..

Sorry to of bothered anyone. I thought this
group was to help us folks with ???s, but it
seems a few just want to flame battle..

I don't...

Thanks to the civil folks..

IIII
Nature's way is to take away from
those who have too much and give
it to those that have too little.

Man's way, on the contrary, is to
take away from those who have too
little to give more to those who
already have too much..

Lao Tsu, circa 490BC

Try asking about your trouble at one of the groups at the following:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...s/default.mspx

Old September 22nd 03, 10:12 PM
smh

IIII wrote:

Mikey Richter (King Troll) wrote:

Do me a favor...killfile me. Or don't bother
replying to anything I post. I never took interest
in what has been posted about you, nor do I care,
but I do know I can do without your 'knowledge'...

If you keep that up, Mikey's going to 'threaten' you like this,
depriving you of ITS "knowledge":

=========================
Mike Richter (King Troll)

you're approaching junior trollop stage
- about my cutoff for responding.

Are you *sure* you want promotion to trollop?
=========================
Old September 22nd 03, 10:23 PM
smh

IIII wrote:

On the other hand, I notice alot of the posts about
him to be as insane, if not worse. Childish in fact..

Are these childish? Could you tell that to Timmy Kroesen ("net-Trash")?

--------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing
Old September 22nd 03, 11:29 PM
Rick Pali

"IIII" wrote:

I don't killfile anybody, I just ignore them. Besides,
it's HIM (and the other crazies) who have a problem,
not me.

If you want him to killfile you, you're not good at ignoring him. :-)

I just didn't see what I said that was so rude
and needed a nasty reply, with no info on the subject.

Yea, I'll go along with that. I also wasn't part of your phone conversation,
so I'm just going to be quiet because going on would be pointless. I think
the only thing that put me off about your initial message was Plex never
claimed they'd support the drive under Server 2003 so you really can't say
they lied or didn't live up to a promise they made. Still, I hope Plextor
does eventually support their drives under Server 2003. I have hardware that
was abandoned under newer operating systems and it blows. All we can do in
that sutuation is try to convince the manufacturer otherwise.

Rick.
-+---

http://www.alienshore.com/seeking/

Old September 23rd 03, 12:13 AM
GlassVial

And IIII his comment about being "rude" was your use of profanity in
your original post. I guess Mike must be clairvoyant and know exactly
how your convo with Plextor must have gone based on your frustration
level when you made your post

Well, in that case, I'll say I'm sorry if my use
of such words upset anyone here. I didn't
know it was a ' PG ' rated group.

Who knows, I read this group all the time, and stick my foot out and
trip someone on occasion :-D

Now seeing as I also do not run 2k3 I'm only going to offer very
generic suggestions. Load the latest firmware on the drive, and
perhaps try to load the ASPI package, not sure if it works in 2k3 or
not but it's worth a shot.

Thanks..tried all that.. I think it's due to a SCSI
issue, as I attached a EIDE CDRW to it and THAT
has no problems. Mind you, the SCSI HDs have
no problem. IF it's a SCSI problem, not just the
Plextor, then they could have been civil to me and
told me to check things out. EVEN if they only
wanted to tell me they will not support 2003, that's
ok too. But no, they got ****ed at me that they had
to answer the ?? in the 1st place. Like I should
of KNOWN all this already, and not to 'bother' them.

But that's ok..I won't bother Plextor with my $$$ anymore..

Well the only other thing I can say is check out whatever the latest
scsi driver is (which I'm sure you've probably already done) and
remember this, there's a reason most people (myself included) don't
pick up a Microsoft OS until at least the first service pack is
released :-D

-GV

oh ps - isn't it rather amusing that NT 3.5x basically "lived" on SCSI
and now that we're up to 2k3, it's having problems with it? LOL

Old September 23rd 03, 04:36 AM
smh

Don't blame yourself.

Mikey Richter (Lying Scum) started it all with ITS totally out-of-it
'response' that included unadulterated, unmitigated, weasel lies.

Old September 23rd 03, 05:00 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

IIII wrote:
Ok, we upgraded our server with WinServer 2003, and now the damn
Plextor we use to back up files takes forever to see a disc in the
drive.

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's

(Plextor says 12x10x32 is compatible with Win 95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0.)

Care to show the url where Plextor explicitly stated that, Lying Scum?

(Does Plextor also say compatibility with future Windows, too?)

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer

Only some vague "problems", Mikey? How about BSOD, Mikey? Adrian
Miller does do provide reliable information, isn't that right, Mikey?

=======================
From: "Adrian Miller"
Date: 11/22/01

Interesting. I can only assume there is a hardware or software
difference between our machines causing a conflict. I know I'm not
the only one who is having zero difficulties using the adaptec ver.
1021ASPI layer on both Win2k and now XP. It resides without any
conflicts whatsoever, and it sure is great to be able to use EAC and
other aspi-only apps on XP!

That is the problem, it works fine for many people but when it blows it
does it big time. Hence I always recommend against attempting to use the
Adaptec ASPI layer on 2000 and above, and for those that still want to
try I advise a full system backup first. ASPI was EOLed in 1999, people
should have moved on by now.

=======================
From: "Adrian Miller"
Date: 11/24/01

When it blows, what exactly happens? I'm just curious here.

Usually a BSOD on start up that requires booting from the OS CD to use
the recovery options in the case of 2000, and sometimes an OS re-install
is required!

From: "Adrian Miller"
Date: 11/24/01

What is the procedure to recover the OS in recovery mode? What
specific changes are made to files or the registry. Again, I'm only
curious.

Either the auto repair option worked or I re-installed the OS, can't
really remember.