Plextor does NOT support their drives under Server 2003 ?????

Old September 22nd 03, 08:30 AM
Mike Richter

Default Plextor does NOT support their drives under Server 2003 ?????

IIII wrote:
Ok, we upgraded our server with WinServer 2003, and now the damn
Plextor we use to back up files takes forever to see a disc in the
drive. It spins and spins, and after anywhere from 1-7 mins, all is
fine. This may be a bug in 2003, as it never happened in NT4. I
will say, the Plextor is a SCSI drive (12/10/32) and the Plextor 40x
CD reader has the same problem. It's a pain in the ass.

A call to Plextor support, after waiting over 30 mins on hold, we are
told Plextor will NOT support 2003.

In fact the guy was f-----g rude about it, p----d that he even had to
answer the ? in the 1st place..

If you addressed the tech as rudely and crudely as you did this
newsgroup, a rude reply might be expected.

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer left lying around after
migrating from NT4. Of course, that means that I can only use software
compatible with the native interface, but that has covered all my needs.

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's except (obviously) that the ones that don't support USB
won't support their USB drives.

NOTE: the 40max is slow to recognize discs, though seldom pressed ones.
However, I cannot recall any good disc (i.e., not physically damaged)
that took more than 20 seconds. The 1210s seems quicker, but neither
comes close to one minute.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 22nd 03, 04:15 PM
GlassVial

He must work for Plextor too :-D

Mike, word to the wise, if you're not in a position to help someone,
don't reply. You aren't running 2k3 so therefore you're literally
talking out of your ass with your comments. Reading this I now see
why smh posts as much as he does.

And IIII his comment about being "rude" was your use of profanity in
your original post. I guess Mike must be clairvoyant and know exactly
how your convo with Plextor must have gone based on your frustration
level when you made your post

And the comments about USB and the 40max don't even belong here, they
have nothing to do with the original problem whatsoever.

Now seeing as I also do not run 2k3 I'm only going to offer very
generic suggestions. Load the latest firmware on the drive, and
perhaps try to load the ASPI package, not sure if it works in 2k3 or
not but it's worth a shot.

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:05:16 -0400, IIII wrote:

If you addressed the tech as rudely and crudely as you did this
newsgroup, a rude reply might be expected.

EXCUSE ME? I didn't address this group 'rudely'. Show me
ONE thing in my post that was 'rude' to this group? ONE ?

And, buck-o, YOU were not online with me when I talked
to Plextor, so please keep your childish rants to yourself.

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer left lying around after
migrating from NT4. Of course, that means that I can only use software
compatible with the native interface, but that has covered all my needs.

2000 is NOT 2003. And I did a clean install of 2003...

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's except (obviously) that the ones that don't support USB
won't support their USB drives.

And 2003 works fine with USB. No where did I see 2003
mentioned. And USB has nothing to do with anything I
am talking about. I am using SCSI. Keep the facts straight..

NOTE: the 40max is slow to recognize discs, though seldom pressed ones.

This is true..but nothing like with 2003...

However, I cannot recall any good disc (i.e., not physically damaged)
that took more than 20 seconds. The 1210s seems quicker, but neither
comes close to one minute.

Unless you are running 2003, that is all moot..

Mike

Do me a favor...killfile me. Or don't bother
replying to anything I post. I never took interest
in what has been posted about you, nor do I care,
but I do know I can do without your 'knowledge'...

III

-GV

Old September 22nd 03, 07:51 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

IIII wrote:
Ok, we upgraded our server with WinServer 2003, and now the damn
Plextor we use to back up files takes forever to see a disc in the
drive. It spins and spins, and after anywhere from 1-7 mins, all is
fine. This may be a bug in 2003, as it never happened in NT4. I
will say, the Plextor is a SCSI drive (12/10/32) and the Plextor 40x
CD reader has the same problem. It's a pain in the ass.

I'm running 2000, not servers,

Then why are you piping in, Scumbag? Remember this weasel drivel of
yours?

[...not use...not know...not write...]

Don't you remember that the above weasel drivel was your weasel excuse
for not acknowledging the Ezcd 5 not writing Mode 1 bug?

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?
=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: Sam needs to apologise to Mike now.
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
that he does not have personal experience of.
=======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
======================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Slimy Scum!
----------------------------
Old September 22nd 03, 07:52 PM
smh

IIII wrote:
Ok, we upgraded our server with WinServer 2003, and now the damn
Plextor we use to back up files takes forever to see a disc in the
drive. It spins and spins, and after anywhere from 1-7 mins, all is
fine. This may be a bug in 2003, as it never happened in NT4.

Plextor's site is explicit that their drives are compatible with all
Windows OS's

(Plextor says 12x10x32 is compatible with Win 95/98/2000/ME/NT4.0.)

Care to show the url where Plextor explicitly stated that, Lying Scum?
Does Plextor also say compatibility with future Windows, too?

Assuming Plextor indeed stated compatibility with all Windows, does that
justify your piping in?

I'm running 2000, not servers, but one system has four Plextor SCSI
drives, the other, two. There have been no problems on either system

Yet another "Mikey did it", Mikey?

There have been no problems on either system
since I removed fragments of the ASPI layer

=======================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
=======================================
( Mike Richter & ASPI (Unstable Galore) )

==================================
From: smh
Subject: Roxio suing Gracenote... - Leave system unstable &
Date: 6/26/01 Get unstable?

Mike Richter (King Troll) wrote:

In my
experience, the ASPI layer itself can exist in Win2K - Adaptec does not
say anything about that. Some programs use it without doing any damage;
others leave the system unstable.

What are these programs that leave the system unstable, using aspi?

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Subject: Roxio suing Gracenote...
Date: 6/25/01

Nonsense. I use the Adaptec ASPI layer on my Win2K machine in spite
of it not being supported there and in spite of some applications
which use it being unstable in the OS.
----------------------

What are these applications that become unstable, using aspi?

Do these programs get unstable themselves and at the same time make the
OS unstable, just by using aspi?
==================================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old September 22nd 03, 08:10 PM
smh

IIII wrote:
[...]

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)

From: smh
Subject: Do I need ASPI?
Date: 2/26/03

Mike Richter (King Troll) wrote:

I believe Nero contains what it needs of the ASPI layer

Nero never did "contain" aspi.

(as does ECDC
for those OS's which do not provide a native interface).

Does Ezcd 4.02+ use aspi for the OS without the native interface,
Mikey? Do these say so, Mikey?

----------------------
From: Adrian Miller (Acraptec)
Date: 6/30/00

ECDC 4.02 does not use ASPI anymore.

----------------------
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 4/6/01

ECDC from 4.02 on does not use the ASPI layer.
----------------------

Does Ezcd 4.02+ use the native interface if available, like Win 2K,
Mikey?

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

From: smh
Date: 12/1/02

Mike Richter (Lying Scum) wrote:

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer ...

Install ASPI on Win 2K, Richter?

---------------------
From: Mike Richter
Subject: still need to know about aspi layer pleez, no smh
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
---------------------

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old September 22nd 03, 08:12 PM
smh

IIII wrote:
[...]

Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)
=======================================

Unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 7/2/01

ASPI doesn't 'belong' on Win2K and

programs which *use* the ASPI layer
can create serious instabilities.
=====================

Recommend install aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Date: 11/30/02

Operating System is Windows 2000 Professional

Here's the procedure I recommend.
3. Run your ASPI installer
=====================

Back to problems/unstable galore with aspi on win2k:

=====================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 4 and Win2K
Date: 8/23/03

You may also have chunks of an ASPI layer installed,
which alone is enough to create problems galore
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------
Old September 22nd 03, 08:26 PM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

;

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
additional
information.

From: smh
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr
?????

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 7/2/01

Old September 22nd 03, 09:00 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

Looks like someone with to much time on their hands is attempting to
attack my business computer by posting malicious viri...(HA HA HA)

I'm laughing because of my system invulnerability!

However the FBI isn't so humorous as this is a Felony; they are
currently monitoring all such posts for analysis of the sender's ID. I
assure whoever this may be of several facts; you will be found and
prosecuted both Criminally and Civilly.

The reason I posted this notice here is because I have every reason to
believe this malicious idiot inhabits this group; as several attacks
have also contained 'cc'd' addy's of other group members.

So keep em' coming fool; your day of reckoning is at hand.

..

Yet more promises, Timmy?

(1) BTW, what's the status of this case, Timmy?

====================
From: Tim Kroesen
Subject: Deirdre' Straughan (cRoxio) is a Liar (daddy)(ii)
Date: 7/11/03

Impersonations, Transmittal of Obscene material, Transmittal of a
destructive virus, etc... As my business is operated from my home
business computer, any attack on it is a specified Felony.

Today's email contained Five items filtered as virus infected;
all as usual have been forwarded to my local FBI office and agent
handling the case. I wonder who's going to be keeping house for
King Kong to pay my tab...?
====================

(2) And whatever became of the SIX complaints you filed with the FBI,
Timmy?

======================
From: Timmy Kroesen
Subject: Timmy Kroesen ("net-Kook") Demands!
Date: 6/13/02

Make that Six...
======================

(3) And whatever became of these promises of yours, Timmy?

Timmy Kroesen (net-Trash) wrote:
"smh" ...
Timmy Kroesen (net-Kook) wrote:

We're working on it Asshole...Play your game.

Why then pine about "demand" for the id?
Are there problems, Timmy?

No problems ****wit; I promise you'll get your due.

Promises, promises, Timmy. Let see, today is (12/12/01). Do I have
to wait seven (7) more months for your yet another empty promise?

----------------------------------
From: Timmy Kroesen (Net-Trash)
Date: (5/18/01)

... this perp WILL be outed ...
----------------------------------

Let see, today is (9/22/03). Do I have to wait TWO more YEARS, Timmy?
Old September 22nd 03, 09:01 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------
( Reduced to living off the trash? )
( ... my thanks to Tim ... )

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Trash") wrote:

smh wrote:

And whatever became of the SIX (6) complaints you were supposed to have
filed with the FBI, Timmy?

======================
From: Timmy Kroesen
Date: 6/13/02

Make that Six...
======================

Let me explain something to you little freak; you have been ID'd by
Federal officials and are being watched.

Timmy Kroesen ("net-Kook") wrote (6/16/02):

It's quite obvious you've been warned then...

It may be 'quite obvious' to you with your exquisite sense of time,
but it's not so quite obvious to me, Timmy boy. You see, I haven't
done the interview -- yet. In my calendar, future is future, not
past.
[See: Tim Kroesen's Exquisite Sense of Time ]

Didn't the FBI tell you I had been warned, Timmy boy? Only tell you
an interview WILL be coming, Timmy boy?

Have a Nice Day;
the Eyes of Justice are upon you!

I told you I thought I saw a black helicopter, Timmy boy.