Roxio 5.3.1.154 and CD RWO Drive Locked?

Old July 9th 03, 09:21 PM
Gary Seven

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:33:27 GMT, smh wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:

smh wrote:

Time to ditch the POS and get a decent packet writer like DLA (in
RecordNow):
http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax...tail.phtml?stp

I was here to get help... instead I get a ****ing contest. Can
somebody offer me a possible solution?

"the fault is not with the software but with the format"

Only sleazy, slimeball scam artist
spews such cockamamie drivel!

Tell me, how can there be a solution when the problem lies with
the UDF 1.50 standard itself, according to MIKEY?
.

Give you a hint:

Amazing Packet Writing Softwares - DLA & InstantWrite

===============================
From: smh
Subject: Direct CD (v3.01d) doesn't see 2nd CDRW
Date: 9/12/02

Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill) wrote:

Recently added a Philips 3210 CDRW to PC with HP 9100i CDRW, and
Direct CD refuses to see the 2nd CDRW. I see nothing in the help
screens and everything is visible and operational in Windows AND in
Nero (v5). But DCD sees only one CDRW and therefore won't allow packet
writing to the 2nd one.

Assuming that "3210" is CDRW3210s, it would be a complete waste of time.
The drive does not support packet writing and the software can't make
the hardware do what the hardware isn't designed to do.

Both Stomp's DLA and VOB's InstantWrite do packet writing with the
drive. What amazing softwares, enabling packet writing even for a drive
not designed for it !!!
===============================

--------------------------
cRoxio, Eat Your Heart Out !!!
--------------------------

Still doesn't help me. Did you know that WIndows XP uses Roxio's
engine to write to RWs?

Old July 9th 03, 10:22 PM
smh

Gary Seven wrote:
smh wrote:
Gary Seven wrote:

smh wrote:

Time to ditch the POS and get a decent packet writer like DLA (in
RecordNow):
http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax...tail.phtml?stp

I was here to get help... instead I get a ****ing contest.

Don Nickel (Wow! Wow! Wow!) specializes in gulping down all the ****ing
in this group and cRoxio.

From: smh
Date: 9/12/02

[...]

Doesn't this help you?

Time to ditch the POS and get a decent packet writer like
DLA (in RecordNow):

http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax...tail.phtml?stp

Did you know that WIndows XP uses Roxio's
engine to write to RWs?

Winxp's built-in burn function is not packet writing.
Old July 9th 03, 10:32 PM
Tim Kroesen

QUIT quoting that psycho SMH or all you will get is ****ed on here!

Use your f'ing head and DO NOT DO THIS ASSHOLE'S DIRTY WORK FOR HIM.

Tim K

Old July 9th 03, 10:33 PM
Tim Kroesen

Please note the *NEW* Abuse addy for SMH...

Be sure to mention this psychotic has been suspended from Usenet posting
many times; most recently from Giganews. As he may be just
circumventing abuse reports there, please continue to address them to
GIganews also until they state he is no longer a customer for TOS abuse.

;

Old July 9th 03, 10:39 PM
Tim Kroesen

There is a private and moderated (specifically to exclude a psycho) CDR
conference at Yahoo; that's where the real experts on Roxio hang. We
used to have actual Mfg. reps here (Miller, Straughan) until psycho SMH
drove them off... *Real* intelligent of him...

Tim K

"Gary Seven" wrote in message
smh, I don't know who you think you are but I'm trying to get a
problem solved. I have clients who insist on using RWs whether I like
it or not. They will not budge on this issue. Now I need to get this
fixed one way or the other. Either help me or shut the hell up. If
you can offer me assistance in getting the RWs working fine, say your
piece and move on. If not - go away. So far all you said was this or
that was crap and i should use write once media. Maybe that's true,
but nonetheless my clients don't see it that way and I have to live
with it.

Old July 9th 03, 10:52 PM
Gary Seven

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 17:39:38 -0400, "Tim Kroesen"
wrote:

There is a private and moderated (specifically to exclude a psycho) CDR
conference at Yahoo; that's where the real experts on Roxio hang. We
used to have actual Mfg. reps here (Miller, Straughan) until psycho SMH
drove them off... *Real* intelligent of him...

Tim K

That'd be great. How exactly do I get to it?
Old July 9th 03, 11:33 PM
smh

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook") wrote:

We
used to have actual Mfg. reps here (Miller, Straughan) until psycho SMH
drove them off... *Real* intelligent of him...

Don't you believe even your so-called expert, Timmy?

Subject: ASPI Kills Win XP - Tim Kroesen's Expert
Date: 5/24/03

Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook") wrote:

You want to use ASPI level 4.6...

ASPI on Win XP when ASPI kills it, Timmy? Isn't Adrian Miller one of
the so-called "experts", Timmy? Don't you believe even your so-called
expert, Timmy?

-----------------------
From: Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook")
Date: 6/24/02

"Stand Back' and watch that psychotic SMH chase yet more experts
away from this NG
-----------------------

Wise words from a Timmy's "expert":

ASPI Kills Win XP - Adrian Miller (cRoxio)

There were NO reports of aspi killing win xp.
None, nada, zip, zilch!

Yet:
====================
From: smh
Subject: direct cd 5.02 or 5.02a and windows xp rc1
- ASPI "Kills" WinXP?
Date: 8/1/01

"Adrian Miller (cRoxio)" wrote:

4.00 and 4.01 installed the Adaptec ASPI layer and
there have been quite a few reports in the XP beta groups
of that killing the OS.

Aspi "killing" WinXP? "Quite a few" reports?

how BIG are your BALLS, Adrian Miller (cRoxio)?

Only a trashy company like cRoxio or Acraptec
lets loose in Usenet this utter trash

====================

Old July 9th 03, 11:45 PM
Tim Kroesen

See what I mean 'Seven' by the dates on those 'quotes'... A Four Year
vendetta over a product he never even owned... If that isn't
"Psychosis" I don't know what is.

Please do your part:

"smh" wrote in message
Timmy Kroesen ("Net-Kook") wrote:

We
used to have actual Mfg. reps here (Miller, Straughan) until psycho

SMH
drove them off... *Real* intelligent of him...

Deirdre Straughan (cRoxio) is a LIAR (daddy 2)

==========================
From: Deirdre Straughan (cRoxio)
Subject: What happened to Adrian Miller ?????
Date: 7/6/01

No, I don't have to lie on Roxio's behalf, and I do not do it.

I would be a damn fool to imagine that I could get away for very long,
if at all, with an outright, wilfull lie.

And my daddy didn't raise no fool.
==========================

===========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (cRoxio)
Subject: Adrian Miller - help - Thanks for being RUDE!!!!
Date: 5/28/01

Yes, our software has bugs. We have never hesitated to admit it.
===========================

What a lie !!!

==================
From: jbarry
Subject: attn: Deirdre' Straughan EZCD v4 bug report!
Date: 9/1/99

It says it defaults to "Close Session and Leave CD Open". However it
really defaults to "Close Disc". Changing it back and tell it to "Set
as Default" doesn't for the most part keep that setting...

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
Subject: EZ Creator 4. 0 - True it has MAJOR bugs ?
Date: 9/2/99

They had a significant beta program as well as whatever in-house
testing they may have done.

===========================
From: Deirdre' Straughan (Acraptec)
Subject: attn: Deirdre' Straughan EZCD v4 bugs.........
Date: 9/8/99

Hmm. In my own (very limited) beta testing, I found the defaults

stayed
as I set them. I don't recall hearing any complaints from the beta
testers on this, either, but it's been a busy year. I'll see what I

can
find out.
===========================

[There was no follow-up.]

=================
From: smh
Date: 3/23/00
Subject: EZCDC4.02 - still not OK === Deirdre Straughan / Adrian
Miller - Respond to this ===
"J.F. van Baarlen" wrote:

In the CD-creation setup, I can still not get it to default to

'Close
session and leave CD open'. It still defaults to 'Close CD'. How

hard
can it be to fix something so bloody simple? It's just a matter of
reading/writing the correct dword from the registry and selecting

the
appropriate radio-button.

=================

[There was no response from the slimy weasels.]

Finally an "aware of" for a bug posted on (9/1/99) and (3/23/00) !!!

======================
From: "Adrian Miller (cRoxio)"
Subject: EZCD 5 has BIGS!!!!
Date: 2/25/01

When you hit record and the options box comes up, it
lets you change the options and the you hit "Save as Default" for

the
next time. This doesn't work and goes back to Adaptec's default

option

Known issue to be fixed in 5.01 due fairly soon.
======================

Note: It's still not fixed in 5.01.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 2/25/01

Known issue to be fixed in 5.01 due fairly soon.

It was found by the beta testers many months ago.
=====================

Note:

This is the first ever comment by Mike Richter on the bug that's
reported on (9/1/99), and it came only after Adrian Miller

acknowledged
it on (2/25/01).

Old July 9th 03, 11:58 PM
GMAN

In article , smh wrote:
Gary Seven wrote:

smh, I don't know who you think you are but I'm trying to get a
problem solved. I have clients who insist on using RWs whether I like
it or not. They will not budge on this issue. Now I need to get this
fixed one way or the other. Either help me or shut the hell up. If
you can offer me assistance in getting the RWs working fine, say your
piece and move on. If not - go away. So far all you said was this or
that was crap and i should use write once media. Maybe that's true,
but nonetheless my clients don't see it that way and I have to live
with it.

Who's saying this? Where did I call this "crap"? Where did I say you
should use cd-r media?

SMH, are you so psychotic that you dont even remember what YOU post????