Roxio 5.3.1.154 and CD RWO Drive Locked?

Old July 8th 03, 09:26 PM
Gary Seven

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:00:43 GMT, smh wrote:

. --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Gary Seven wrote:

My Samsung CD burner came with a CD-RW and it formatted and I can use
it at a 600 meg floppy. perfect. So I bought a few more RWs. When I
format those the drive is locked! I can't write to it. What the heck
did I do wrong?

I upgraded to 5.3.5.10 still have the same problem. Now even the disk
that came with the CD-R is locked and it wasn't before.
I'm using a Samsung SW-224b with 4x Memorex multispeed RWs. Again
even the Samsung disc that came with the drive is now locked.

====================================
Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)
====================================

If Nero, the supplied cd is NOT the prob, but
if DirectCD, the supplied cd IS the problem!

If Nero, the supplied cd is NOT the problem

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
Subject: Burn my first CD-R,
Date: 11/11/02

And it failed. Got a Write Error, using Nero.
I used the CD-R disk that came with my new Lite-On Drive.

It should NOT be the disc
if it is the one supplied by the drive manufacturer ...
=====================

From: col
Subject: DirectCD reports CD-RW as bad
Date: 10/6/01

DirectCD 3.05 reports my (one and only) CD-RW as "Unsupported or bad
media" yet Easy CD Creator sees it for what it is. It seems odd that
the CD-RW that came with the drive (a LG 8120B) doesn't work.

=====================
From: Mike Richter (King Troll)
Date: 10/6/01

The report is probably accurate ...
Look for a line of blanks which fit your drive better ...

=====================
From: AquamanA
Date: 10/8/01

I also have the LG CED-8120B drive, firmware 1.02. When moving to 3.05
DirectCD I got the same error message. When I dropped back down to
3.03b, the message went away and the drive worked properly.

I determined this to be a bug in the new software version as a result...

Just use the older DirectCD, your problem will go away.
=====================

----------------------------
Mikey, you are a Lying Scum!
----------------------------

Older version won't work with a newer CD-R drive.
Old July 8th 03, 10:47 PM
Tim Kroesen

Please do not quote SMH Crap!

Most here have him killfiled and only see his doody when someone else
floats it en quote; unless of course your goal is to join him in his
Psychotic harassment campaign; now over Four Years old and regarding s/w
he NEVER EVEN OWNED.. Should you have any doubts look him up on Google
for yourself.

Be sure to apologize to Mike R when your done.

Tim K

SMH Crap Snipped-

Old July 9th 03, 12:33 AM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 23 -- 45)

Mike Richter, Any Material Connection w/ Roxio-Adaptec?

Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (major bug)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (critical bugs)
Apologize for Mike Richter's Lying? (early/often in beta)

Mike Richter & "Readily Acknowledge"
Mike Richter & "Heard of None"
Mike Richter Dishonest?

Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?
Frauds by Mike Richter (1 of 2)
Mike Richter got Big Balls !!!

****ty Beta Testing at Roxio-Adaptec (i)
****ty In-House Testing at cRoxio-Acraptec (DAE)
Frauds by Roxio-Adaptec (1 of 2)
Mike Richter's Gobbledegook
Frauds by Mike Richter (2 of 2)
Mike Richter & "Once is not enough"

Mike Richter & Enhanced CD (i)
Mike Richter & CD Extra - SAO/TAO ?
Mike Richter & CD Extra (ii)

Mike Richter & ASPI (i)
Mike Richter & Unstable Galore & ASPI

Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"

What an Asshole !!!

==============================

Old July 9th 03, 12:38 AM
Gary Seven

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 17:47:33 -0400, "Tim Kroesen"
wrote:

Please do not quote SMH Crap!

Most here have him killfiled and only see his doody when someone else
floats it en quote; unless of course your goal is to join him in his
Psychotic harassment campaign; now over Four Years old and regarding s/w
he NEVER EVEN OWNED.. Should you have any doubts look him up on Google
for yourself.

Be sure to apologize to Mike R when your done.

Tim K

"Gary Seven" wrote in message
.. .
SMH Crap Snipped-

Whoops. I now understand. Sorry Mike.

Back to the original problem.
The reason I'm so intent on getting the RWs working is that clients
use them. They absolutly insist on using RWs. ZIP disks are too
small, and jaz drives are not being manufacturered anymore. So one
way or another I have to get it working.
What about Roxio 6.0? Did they get all the bugs worked out for use on
Windows 2000?
Old July 9th 03, 02:32 AM
Gary Seven

smh, I don't know who you think you are but I'm trying to get a
problem solved. I have clients who insist on using RWs whether I like
it or not. They will not budge on this issue. Now I need to get this
fixed one way or the other. Either help me or shut the hell up. If
you can offer me assistance in getting the RWs working fine, say your
piece and move on. If not - go away. So far all you said was this or
that was crap and i should use write once media. Maybe that's true,
but nonetheless my clients don't see it that way and I have to live
with it.
Old July 9th 03, 03:20 AM
Gary Seven

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 02:27:53 GMT, smh wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:

smh, I don't know who you think you are but I'm trying to get a
problem solved. I have clients who insist on using RWs whether I like
it or not. They will not budge on this issue. Now I need to get this
fixed one way or the other. Either help me or shut the hell up. If
you can offer me assistance in getting the RWs working fine, say your
piece and move on. If not - go away. So far all you said was this or
that was crap and i should use write once media. Maybe that's true,
but nonetheless my clients don't see it that way and I have to live
with it.

Who's saying this? Where did I call this "crap"? Where did I say you
should use cd-r media?

=====================================
Mike Richter & "Lethal for archiving"
=====================================

( The following applies only to DirectCD )
( and Drag-to-Disc (DCD 6) )

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: File Integrity Errors - DirectCD Bug?
Date: 10/15/01

Combining the flaky UDF fixed-length packets with
the tendency of erasables (particularly HS) to forget
is LETHAL for archiving.
=====================

According to the above MIKEY's post, the problem is rooted in the
"FORMAT", that is, no less than the UDF 1.50 standard. And *MIKEY*
again proclaimed that he

=====================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: Best packetwriting software?
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,

have had no problems due to the software -

but too many due to the format itself === FORMAT

to bother with it any longer.
=====================

Tell me, how can there be a solution when the problem lies with the UDF
1.50 STANDARD itself, according to MIKEY?

I don't care... the clients use the format and I have to get it
working. Simple as that. I don't like it, you don't like it, Mikey
doesn't like it, but my clients do. End of discussion, I'm not
replying to you anymore, so just give up.

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 8/19/02

I have used only DCD for packet writing,

have had no problems due to the software -

but too many due to the format itself === FORMAT

to bother with it any longer.
=====================

Tell me, how can there be a solution when the problem lies with the
UDF 1.50 STANDARD itself, according to MIKEY?

I don't care... the clients use the format and I have to get it
working. Simple as that. I don't like it, you don't like it, Mikey
doesn't like it, but my clients do. End of discussion, I'm not
replying to you anymore, so just give up.

Where did I say I didn't like it?

More Mikey's wise words:

"the fault is not with the software but with the format"

Only sleazy, slimeball scam artist
spews such cockamamie drivel!

(Was just about give you a solution ...)
Old July 9th 03, 01:00 PM
Don Nickell

Damn, Sambo, for a second I thought you were going to submit an intelligent
reply to Gary. Your "brain" seems to be getting more and more warped. Pulling
your pud in public places much will tend to make you more antisocial than normal...

smh wrote:

Gary Seven wrote:
smh wrote:
Gary Seven wrote:

My Samsung CD burner came with a CD-RW and it formatted and I can use
it at a 600 meg floppy. perfect. So I bought a few more RWs. When I
format those the drive is locked! I can't write to it. What the heck
did I do wrong?

It could be related to this:

-----------------------
DirectCD 3.05
Fixes

For some recorders, it was possible to select recording speeds that
were not in fact supported.

Some older, low-speed recorders cannot correctly write high-speed
rated CD-RW media, but DirectCD would formerly allow you to try.

DirectCD now checks the media and
will reject as appropriate. === FIXED ???

DirectCD 5.3.4
Fixed:

Burn to Ultra High Speed media on non-Ultra High Speed Drives,
no longer allowed === FIX a FIX ???
-----------------------

Update at least to 5.3.4.

I upgraded to 5.3.5.10 still have the same problem. Now even the disk
that came with the CD-R is locked and it wasn't before.
I'm using a Samsung SW-224b with 4x Memorex multispeed RWs. Again
even the Samsung disc that came with the drive is now locked.

Time to ditch the POS and get a decent packet writer like DLA (in
RecordNow):
http://www.stompinc.com/recordnowmax...tail.phtml?stp

Is it any wonder DirectCD is rejected even by none other than a cRoxio
Shill?

=====================

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

--
~~~~~
Visit our NICKELL, GAUNCE, MOOTY genealogy Web Page

From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Date: 6/17/02

uninstalled DCD
when I stopped testing for Roxio
=====================

The above Mikey's statement is the first ever case in which a Shill is
rejecting the very product IT is shilling for.

With a Shill like this, cRoxio doesn't need any critics!

I was here to get help... instead I get a ****ing contest. Can
somebody offer me a possible solution?
Old July 9th 03, 08:15 PM
smh

Don Nickell wrote:

=============================
Don Nickell Wow! Wow! Wow!
=============================
(Adrian could you help me with a Refund please?)

====================
From: Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!)
Subject: Adaptec ECDC 5.0 Deluxe
Date: (1/19/01)

tommydale48 wrote:
I don't care if they release a platinum-coated, 200% guaranteed perfect
software. It's too late. They ****ed all over the consumers since the
4.0 was released, and their history of patch-after-patch-after-patch is
just too much trouble. I would rather spend my time and money on
something more productive and much less irritating.

Pray tell, how have they "****ed all over us?" I had all sorts of
troubles installing ECDC 4.0x and don't know why, but they certainly
didn't **** all over me!

In fact when I called to request a RMA I started to explain and the
clerk said, "We don't care, sir, we'll refund your purchase without
question."

That sort of ****ing I can take all day long.

====================
From: Tech Rep
Date: (1/25/01)

Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!) wrote:

So, what's you point? Or do you have one? Just more trolling?

He wants to know if you got your money back in case you didn't get it.

====================
From: Don Nickell (Wow! Wow! Wow!)
Subject: Adaptec/Roxio/Digital River 4.x refund!
Date: (4/13/01)

It was on my VISA bill that I received yesterday.
====================

-----------------------------
Don Nickell Wow! Wow! Wow!
-----------------------------

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

Enough!!! Back to the future with 3.5c and hope I can get my money back
on 4.0. About half of the 30 days is gone just getting delivery over the
holidays and screwing around trying to get the thing loaded.

Let's pray there's some honesty left in Roxio. I sure don't need this
aggrivation.

Was happy Roxio customer until now!

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

.... I don't trust Roxio, can't
even get a reply from there Tech Help. Adrian won't reply to my specific
question. Was on the phone yesterday morning to Roxio Tech Help for 20
minutes and got disconnected--it was long distance.

Tried to get on
Digital River this morning to get an RMA, 30 mintues holding and finally
gave up. Bought it 12/21 and 1/21 is fast approaching and the end of my
"30 day money back" offer. Any bets I eat my $90?

----------------------
Date: 1/5/01

"Adrian Miller (Roxio)" wrote:

If you purchased via our on-line store please contact our customer services.

I called the other day. Took 5 minutes to get to Interviewer, she put me
in "cue". 15 minutes later I head a "click" and the dial tone. What does
it take to get to customer service. I've contacted "rx-ask_us" with a
case number and can't get a reply.

I couldn't get a reply back from you about my opening screen question.

What now?

----------------------
Date: 1/6/01

"Adrian Miller (Roxio)" wrote:

If you did direct purchase and want a refund let me know and I will
forward your details directly to customer services myself.

Adrian could you help me with a Refund please?

.... It's been a little over 2 weeks
now and the "30 day refund" period is rapidly approaching. It probably
means I have to have the material back in their hands within that 30
days, so time is really getting short.

Thanks for your help. I went to the Roxio site and couldn't find any
directons to "discussion list" so chose this method of communication.
I apologize for helping fill up your personal e-mail. I've still heard
nothing from rx-ask_us and my last entry Jan 4.

----------------------
Date: 1/6/01

Adrian Miller wrote:

Don appears to have purchased direct and wishes to return the product under
the 30 day terms. I would appreciate it if you could take over this matter
from this point. Thanks.

Thank you, Adrian. My wife forced me to be patient and after a 30 minute
hold time I got through to Digital River and obtained an RMA.

I certainly appreciate your help in this matter. I only wish my
experience had been different.

The end benefit after taking the cRoxio's ****ing, and sucking up Adrian
Miller's ass:
Date: 4/13/01